Jamaal Charles is missing his first practice of KC Chiefs training camp. Charles, who suffered a foot strain in Monday's practice and has scared the hell out of Chiefs fans across the country, was at the start of practice on Tuesday morning but was not participating
Notable developments, according to those three, include:
1. Charles is in uniform but not in pads. He is at practice.
2. He is NOT wearing a boot or cast on his foot, which is a strong sign.
3. Charles is "not really limping" according to the AP's Dave Skretta.
After riding exercise bike using hand levers only, Charles is.now leaving practice field. Not wearing boot on injured right foot— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) August 13, 2013
Jamaal Charles just walked up the hill. No noticeable issues in his walk. I think he will be fine. #Chiefs— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) August 13, 2013
The next key date: Wednesday's practice, the final one of Chiefs camp. If he doesn't practice on Wednesday, I would guess that he's not playing on Friday. Andy Reid did say that Charles would play on Friday against the 49ers -- if he's healthy. That's the big question right now.
More from Arrowhead Pride:
- Andy Reid comments on Jon Baldwin and the use of WRs in Kansas City Chiefs offense
- Arrowheadlines: Kansas City Chiefs News 8/13
- Caption this photo of Alex Smith and Ricky Stanzi
- Alex Smith on 49ers vs. Chiefs: 'It's still a preseason game'
- 49ers OC on Chiefs QB Alex Smith: 'He's a nameless, faceless opponent'