A lil' Ryan Lilja news anyone?
The most important part here, whether Lilja is receptive to the idea of playing for the Broncos, is something we don't yet know.
There is a little history here with Lilja since he announced his retirement to little fanfare following the Chiefs final game of the season. A few months later, in April, the KC Star's Adam Teicher reported that the Chiefs did reach out to Lilja and that he was 'receptive' to the idea of returning.
The Broncos of course have a need at center. Besides reserve linemen going down, they lost center Dan Koppen to a torn ACL.
See the Denver reaction to this news at Mile High Report. There's even a poll, asking if you want the Broncos to sign Lilja. You know, just in case you want to vote.
More from Arrowhead Pride:
- Kansas City Chiefs cut CB Buddy Jackson
- Kansas City Chiefs' Jamaal Charles preparing for career high in receptions
- KC Chiefs training camp 2013: Day 5 practice report includes injury updates
- Chiefs training camp 2013: 8 photos of Monday's best catch
- The best quotes from Kansas City Chiefs training camp so far