Being a hardcore Chiefs, Maple Leafs, Blue Jays, and Raptors fan, I am starting to come down to earth with the pre-season hype after all my years of painful experience. And as exciting as it is that Reid is here, Alex Smith is at qb, and all the optimism of the offseason that comes with new players & new management, I personally want to manage my own expectations for once. I hope the Chiefs can go 16-0, I'd be ecstatic if they just made the playoffs, and I'd be happy if they finish .500 or better. But every year things don't seem to pan out for my teams & the writing was on the wall before the season even begun, I just chose to ignore it. Thats why I'm writing this post, if things go south there will be reasons that we could've seen before the season started, here are some of those possible downfalls for the upcoming season:
- Alex Smith can't perform without Harbaugh, and even worse, he is Matt Cassel re-incarnated.
- The "Bowe Show" is full of himself with the new contract & his big head is getting in his way of holding onto the ball, and maybe even clashes with teammates or coaches.
- Baldwins a bust.
- We don't have anybody besides Bowe who can catch the ball.
- Reid's offense just isn't the same as it was years ago in Phili, maybe its him, maybe its the staff he's put together here in KC, but the offence only slightly improves on what it did a year ago.
- We become a pass happy offense, stop running with charles, and Smith can't handle the "andy reid" throw downfield style of play.
- Jamaal Charles fumbles..... a lot.
- Injuries happen & replacements can't step up. I'm looking at you Charles, Berry, Mccluster, Smith, Moeaki
- Our new D-Coordinator is garbage and our defence is down right awful.
- We cut all but 1 of the fullbacks we picked up in the offseason, and then either hardly use the guy we kept, or he just ends up being terrible.
- Fasano is a way overpaid TE, Kelce isn't ready to step up, Moeaki is hurt as usual.
- Our interior O-Line is terrible.
- we have no depth on the D-Line or LB, any injury or suspension ruins any momentum they had.
- we realize that we made a mistake taking Fisher over Joekel, or Winston is an all-pro RT for Arizona this season.
Look I don't want to be negative, I am really positive all the time here, but I just wanted to get that out of my system so if things go south this season I can look back and say... yeah, I kinda could see that coming. Anybody else have any downfalls that they could possibly see on the horizon that I missed, that we might look back and realize we should've seen coming?