The KC Chiefs have made a couple of moves before the start of 2013 training camp. The first one came when they released receiver Mardy Gilyard on Thursday, the day the Chiefs veterans reported to camp. That opened up a roster spot. No. 1 pick Eric Fisher then signed his rookie contract but the Chiefs had already accounted for him on the roster so an open roster spot remained.
That spot was filled on Friday by Conroy Black, a 6'0, 187-pound cornerback.
#Chiefs sign CB Conroy Black. Never played in regular season NFL game but has spent time with Raiders and Lions. Played in college at Utah— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) July 26, 2013
Chiefs rookie defensive back Sanders Commings, who had been seeing time at safety, broke his collarbone earlier this week, so that pops into my mind when I see this signing. No word on how long Commings will be out.
The Chiefs first practice will come at 3:30 on Friday afternoon. It's unclear if Black will be there for that. See the full Chiefs training camp schedule here.
More from Arrowhead Pride:
- Kansas City Chiefs 53-man roster prediction: Pre-training camp edition
- Chiefs training camp 2013: What to expect from camp Andy Reid
- Eric Fisher, Kansas City Chiefs agree to multi-year contract
- Attending KC Chiefs training camp: Schedule, autographs, parking, seating, and more
- Did the Kansas City Chiefs improve? NT edition