Our old friend Brian Waters spent some time with SB Nation at the NFLPA Rookie Premiere in Los Angeles last month. He took over our job and interviewed KC Chiefs rookie Knile Davis for us, and the result is the video above. (Notice the Arrowhead Pride shout out.)
1. Knile was surprised to be picked by the Chiefs because he hadn't heard from them at all. He didn't think KC was interested.
2. The biggest difference between the NFL and the SEC isn't the size or the speed, he said. "There are no mistakes," Davis said. "Everyone is on their assignment and knows what to do."
3. Jamaal Charles called Knile when he got drafted. "He called me on the day I got drafted and welcomed me to the organization. [Jamaal] said, "Welcome to the Kingdom."
4. Could Knile beat Jamaal in a race? "I don't know man," Davis said. "He's fast but I'm pretty fast too. If he challenged me I could give him a run for his money."
On Knile Davis saying he could beat him in a race, Jamaal Charles: He didn't tell ME that. Then proceed to heap high praise on Knile.— TJ Carpenter (@TJCarpenterWHB) June 6, 2013
Just had nice half-hour chat with #Chiefs GM John Dorsey. Says he'd put his money on Jamaal Charles over Knile Davis in a footrace.— Dave Skretta (@APdaveskretta) June 6, 2013
5. Knile said his role right now is to complement Jamaal. "It's his show right now," he said.
6. The important barbecue question: "I heard of Oklahoma Joe's," Davis said. "I want to try and get in there and see what that tastes like."
7. The first big ticket item Davis will buy when he gets his NFL check: king size bed.