Today through Thursday the Kansas City Chiefs will be conducting Organized Team Activities (OTAs). This is the same drill as they ran last week for three days. This week's OTAs are from Tuesday-Thursday. Next week things ramp up a little more with four OTA sessions. Following that, the Chiefs have a mandatory minicamp from June 4-6. Considering they've had 100 percent attendance so far, mandatory doesn't mean much.
There are a few things we're keeping an eye on this week:
1. How often will Alex Smith run the pistol? We saw last week that he ran it a few times. Chris Ault, the creator of the pistol offense, was hired this offseason, which has brought the pistol questions up. Will it be a small part of the Chiefs offense or a big part?
2. Will Chase Daniel run the pistol as well? A Twitter follower noted that we haven't mentioned Chase Daniel when talking about the pistol. Should we be? Does he factor in somehow?
3. Will it be Akeem Jordan or Nico Johnson at inside linebacker? It's Jordan for now. But many believe Nico Johnson will pull ahead.
4. Jeff Allen or Geoff Schwartz at guard? It's Allen's job at the moment but Schwartz could move push him. Either way, the Chiefs are in a good spot with one of these guys becoming a reserve.
5. Who wins the No. 2 receiver job? Jon Baldwin, for now. Will that last?