For the last eight years, the Tennessee Titans have been the epitome of first round mediocrity. While the Titans front office has routinely identified talented players, they just never seem to click. You've got some guys that are out of the league (Andre Woolfolk, Vince Young), a few talented troublemakers (Pacman Jones, Kenny Britt), a few that have not lived up to their potential (Michael Griffin, Derrick Morgan), all topped off by a couple of underwhelming unknowns (Jake Locker, Kendall Wright).
Then you have Chris Johnson. While his production has clearly dropped off after getting paid, it is undeniable that Johnson is still a game changer. That said, wouldn't you want to surround Johnson with players that can maximize his effectiveness? Think about it, I'll wait....
Yeah, I thought you would agree. Now, wouldn't you also want a player who has a high probability of being a first round success? A player that could be a mainstay on the team for years to come?? A player that could break the cycle of mediocrity??? Now we're cooking with peanut oil.
With the 10th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina.
The Titans could go several directions with the 10th pick - needing help at DE, CB, and WR - but Cooper is exactly what they need: a very safe pick with loads of Pro Bowl potential that will help Tennessee with their run game and add some needed protection for Jake Locker. Chris Johnson will love Cooper's ability to get to the second level and clear the road, Locker will greatly appreciate shoring up the offensive line as a whole, and coaches will be excited with his versatility.
I hope you're paying attention, Ruston Webster. This is your pick.
AP draft order:
1. Kansas City (R2J_24) - Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M, LT
2. Jacksonville - GenericBrand - Geno Smith, West Virginia, QB
3. Oakland - mushin - Sharrif Floyd, Florida, DT
4. Philadelphia - ex-qb13 - Dee Milliner, Alabama, CB
5. Detroit - Ben Martin - Eric Fisher, Central Michigan, OT
6. Cleveland - The Dank Dank - Dion Jordan, Oregon, DE/LB
7. Arizona - SillyHatDay - Matt Barkley, USC, QB
8. Buffalo - ArrowDread - Keenan Allen, Cal, WR
9. New York Jets - MtHammer - Chance Warmack, Alabama, G
10. Tennessee - ejr58 - Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina, G
11. San Diego - Chief TigerGator
12. Miami - cmac87
13. Tampa Bay - NigerianNightmare
14. Carolina - DonnyRebel
15. New Orleans - craig in calgary
16. St. Louis - KVin2
17. Pittsburgh -ChiefMojo
18. Dallas - iamthegreatest
19. New York Giants - Topchief1
20. Chicago - Everest
21. Cincinnati - Akr_Baby
22. St. Louis from Washington - KVin2
23. Minnesota - YoungAnalyst
24. Indianapolis - saskwatch
25. Minnesota from Seattle - YoungAnalyst
26. Green Bay - nateforchiefs
27. Houston - RhodyChief
28. Denver - ravenhawk
29. New England - BeeRadd
30. Atlanta - bradelli58
31. San Francisco - How to: Sabotage
32. Baltimore - Ben S