The first round of SB Nation's 2013 NFL mock draft doesn't have any complete head scratchers but as it is every year there are surely plenty of picks that are way, way off from what will really go down on April 25 in Radio City Music Hall. The Kansas City Chiefs took Luke Joeckel, as you know, and Geno Smith went off the board at No. 2 to the Jacksonville Jaguars, which seems like it has a legit possibility of happening.
-Ezekiel Ansah goes before Dion Jordan -- the fifth and sixth picks. I see Jordan going ahead of Ansah. Perhaps even to the Chiefs if left tackle is somehow ruled out.
-Barkevious Mingo from lSU goes seventh to the Cardinals. His mock draft projections are allllll over the place. All over the place. I have no clue on him.
-Jarvis Jones at No. 8 also seems high considering Gil Brandt took him out of the first round entirely.
-Dee Milliner falls all the way to No. 10. A few weeks ago, before some of the free agency moves, I would've considered him at No. 1.
-The thing about this draft: Star Lotulelei goes No. 11. I could make a reasonable case for him to go top three. And Lane Johnson goes No. 14. It's not impossible to see him going as high as No. 5. I think Mike Mayock was right -- once you get past the top few picks, the talent level seems fairly similar from the fifth pick to the 25th pick.
All the pick explanations from our bloggers can be seen right here. The first round is posted below...
1. Chiefs: Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
2. Jaguars: Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
3. Raiders: Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
4. Eagles: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
5. Lions: Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
6. Browns: Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
7. Cardinals: Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU
8. Bills: Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
9. Jets: Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
10. Titans: Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
11. Chargers: Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
12. Dolphins: Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
13. Buccaneers: Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
14. Panthers: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
15. Saints: Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
16. Rams: Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
17. Steelers: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
18. Cowboys: Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
19. Giants: Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
20. Bears: Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
21. Bengals: Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
22. Rams: Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International
23. Vikings: Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
24. Colts: Datone Jones, DE, UCLA
25. Vikings: Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
26. Packers: Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
27. Texans: DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
28. Broncos: D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
29. Patriots: Keenan Allen, WR, California
30. Falcons: Tank Carradine, DE, Florida State
31. 49ers: Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
32. Ravens: Kevin Minter, LB, LSU