We are now one week away from the 2013 NFL draft, and I am getting goosebumps. I am not exaggerating when I say that I get as excited for the Chiefs drafting as I do on game day. I believe, like many others, that the best way to build a Super Bowl winning team is through the draft. If the Chiefs draft very well we will all reap the benefits. The prospects of building a Super Bowl winning roster in KC puts a big fat smile on my face. I am a giant fan of the draft, and I know many others on AP are as well. We love to argue about the draft. We all have opinions, and we all make predictions, but now its time to put your money where your mouth is.
I hear a lot of draft predictions get thrown around here, So I thought we should have a place to make draft predictions where we could be held accountable for our stupidity or genius. Hopefully you all agree and we can all make our draft predictions here with the caveat that you have to come back to the post after the draft to reap the glory or accept the ridicule.(But all in fun of course) Any type of NFL draft prediction will work. So I guess I should shut up and get to it. Feel free to disagree and tear my opinions to shreds.
- The Chiefs will try to their hardest to trade down in the 1st round but fail: Probably not a huge surprise here. The Chiefs have very little leverage to make a trade down from #1. I am sure they are getting offers, but I doubt any of them are good enough for Reid or Dorsey to accept.
- The Chiefs will trade Branden Albert on draft day: There will be a run on OT in the top ten, and if Miami or San Diego miss out on Joeckel/Fisher/Johnson they will look to the next best LT option, Branden Albert.
- One QB will be drafted in the 1st round this year: With all the need at QB this year this may be hard to believe, others may think this one is obvious, but I think NFL GM's will be afraid to put their stamp of approval on such an inconsistent QB class in the 1st round. This also leads to my next prediction
- There will be a run on QB in the second round: I would not be surprised at all to see as many as 7 QB's in the 2nd round this year. Barkley, Nassib, Manuel, Glennon, Bray, Wilson and yes even Landry Jones! The reason I think so many QB hungry teams will pass on QB's in the 1st round is that they all plan on picking one up in the 2nd round.
- Teo will go in the 1st round: This one is just a hunch, but I think one of the better teams near the bottom of the first will take Teo
- Ziggy will be drafted before Dion Jordan: Yep I said it. Ansah is RAW, but I believe him to have the highest ceiling in the draft. Ziggy has Elite athletic ability. Jordan is good but he needs to gain weight and that shoulder should concern teams in the top ten.