March madness came a little early this year. We traded for Alex Smith and Kansas City imploded! I'm not going to waste too much time on Smith so let's get to it.
TAG: Branden Albert
FREE AGENCY: Sean Smith CB (bring on the tampering chargers, thanks Vontae), Dustin Keller TE, Drew Stanton QB, LaRon Landry S (I don't especially want this, but it goes back to familiarity and Landry has that with Sutton)
Because I'm not 100% sure on the Alex Smith deal with rumors of us trading two picks, but possibly getting some compensation back, or maybe even swapping 2nd rounders this year, I'm going to just stick to what we do know and say we don't have a 2nd round pick.
1. Sharrif Floyd DT/DE (instant upgrade at the LDE spot)
3. Alec Ogletree ILB (mediocre combine and bad decisions knock him down to this spot)
3comp. Mike Gillislee RB (Reid loves 3-down backs. Gilislee excels in pass blocking and is a terrific RB overall)
4. Quanterus Smith OLB (highly talented pass rusher is a good value here, ACL tear knocks him down)
5. Kenny Stills WR (longshot in the 5th, but if he's there Reid shouldn't hesitate. Stills was solid at Okl.)
6. Garrett Gilkey G/OT (big man, played LT in school, did well at the Senior Bowl, solid prospect)
7. Dustin Hopkins K (in the running for best kicker available, replaces Succop who I'm not sold on. At all.)
In a perfect world, we'll find out we swapped 2nd rounders with SF and are able to trade out of the #1 pick. And then trade down a few more times to amass 37 picks. But that's only if this was a perfect world. Toss out your thoughts and ideas below. Tootles.
This is a FanPost and does not necessarily reflect the views of Arrowhead Pride's writers or editors. It does reflect the views of this particular fan though, which is as important as the views of Arrowhead Pride writers or editors.