Now that football is over for the year, the real fun begins... I'd argue that, at least recently, the offseason >the season for Chiefs fans.
As soon as TODAY, teams can start cutting players... not sure if any notable cuts will be made this early, but it's worth noting...
Some other big upcoming dates to look forward to:
Feb. 20-26: NFL Combine (Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, IN)
March 9-11: Teams can begin negotiating with the agents of players set to become unrestricted free agents at the start of the league year (teams can only talk to agents and not the players during this negotiating window)
March 12: 2013 League Year begins at 4 p.m. ET, opening free agency and the trading period
March 17-20: Annual League Meeting (The Biltmore in Phoenix, AZ) Compensatory picks normally announced.
April 25-27: 2013 NFL Draft (in New York City, NY)
So, here's this week's Mockery Thread...for those of you who don't remember, we will post one of these threads every week or two, depending on the volume, and encourage all of the Mockers to post their mocks HERE... and not in the fanshots/fanposts/comments.
Moderators will be encouraged to copy/paste mocks that aren't FanPost worthy in the comments of this thread, in order to make sure the numerous, well-thought out FanPosts don't get pushed down the list by a million simple mocks.
Assumptions: Bowe, Albert, Colquitt, Jackson, Ropo/Smith all re-sign with KC
FA Acquisitions: Alex Smith and maybe a WR
1) Geno Smith, QB. I'm happy with Geno or Tyler Wilson, but I think KC HAS to get their guy, and by the time this process is over... they'll have to use the top pick to avoid missing out.
2) Matt Elam, S, Florida: A versatile guy, can hit and cover, makes a great tandem with Berry, allowing Lewis to be the #3 S... could be a BIG upgrade in the secondary.
3) Robert Alford, CB, SE Lousiana: Should start opposite Flowers, allowing Arenas to stick at Nickel, Menzie and Brown as depth.
3 comp) Stedman Bailey, WR West Virginia: May not last this long, but would be awesome to pair with Geno as they have in HS and College.
4) Travis Kelce, TE, Cinci: Ideally, Boss and Moeaki are back as starters, and he's a developmental #3... but could start day one if Boss is done.
5) Kevin Reddick, ILB, North Carolina: Has a chance to be a 3-down guy, and/or a core ST er.
6) Matt Scott, QB Arizona: athletic developmental prospect
7) Graham Pocic, C/G, Illinois: depth guy, completes the trifecta of Illini interior OLinemen for KC
7 comp) Alec Lemon, WR, Syracuse: no logic here, just looking for decent players late
(draft rankings from CBS/NFL DraftScout)
Some Mock Draft sites: