So, the first major cuts have been announced
Seems that they weren't kidding about wanting to add new weapons on offense... so, out with the old, in with who?
I believe it's a signal that Bowe will be retained AND they'll make acquiring another WR a priority (Greg Jennings).
I also believe they'll address TE, there will be some solid FA options, and they could consider one as early as pick #34, depending on what they do at QB.
Some other big upcoming dates to look forward to:
Feb. 20-26: NFL Combine (Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, IN)
Combine workout schedule:
» Saturday, Feb. 23: Tight ends, offensive linemen, special teams
» Sunday, Feb. 24: Quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers
» Monday, Feb. 25: Defensive linemen, linebackers
» Tuesday, Feb. 26: Defensive backs
March 9-11: Teams can begin negotiating with the agents of players set to become unrestricted free agents at the start of the league year (teams can only talk to agents and not the players during this negotiating window)
March 12: 2013 League Year begins at 4 p.m. ET, opening free agency and the trading period
March 17-20: Annual League Meeting (The Biltmore in Phoenix, AZ) Compensatory picks normally announced.
April 25-27: 2013 NFL Draft (in New York City, NY)
So, here's this week's Mockery Thread...for those of you who don't remember, we will post one of these threads every week or two, depending on the volume, and encourage all of the Mockers to post their mocks HERE... and not in the fanshots/fanposts/comments.
Moderators will be encouraged to copy/paste mocks that aren't FanPost worthy in the comments of this thread, in order to make sure the numerous, well-thought out FanPosts don't get pushed down the list by a million simple mocks.
Assumptions: Bowe, Albert, Colquitt, Jackson, Ropo/Smith all re-sign with KC
1) Ezekiel Ansah, DE BYU, OK, so this is a very risky pick, and I'd hope they could trade down and still get him... but he's the best pass-rushing DE prospect on the board, and has HUGE upside. He's 6'5" 274lbs, but could get bigger, and played DE, LB and NT in college... projects to a Jason Pierre-Paul type player.
2) Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas: I'd like Geno to be the 1st pick, but I'm preparing for the idea that he might not be. Wilson is tough, smart, and will be a good player, I think.
3) Travis Kelce, TE, Cinci: Moeaki now needs more help than ever
3 comp) Stedman Bailey, WR West Virginia: May not last this long, and it might be overkill to add Bailey with Jennings... but Green Bay has done well with a stockpile of WRs...
5) Kenjon Barner,RB Oregon: Having filled other needs, getting a potentially explosive RB makes some sense here.
6) Tyrann Mathieu, CB/S: He'll probably go higher, but I'm going by CBS rankings, and he'd be a good value pick/flier here
7) Jordan Rodgers, QB, Vandy: Developmental prospect, Dorsey will like his "pedigree"
7 comp) Graham Pocic, C/G, Illinois: depth guy, completes the trifecta of Illini interior OLinemen for KC
(draft rankings from CBS/NFL DraftScout)
Some Mock Draft sites: