Now that we've started seeing roster cuts coming in, and visits starting... everyone's favorite "let's sign everyone that's available" conversations have started.
With the news of Chris Canty visiting KC, I'm getting more optimistic that Dorsey/Reid will be aggressive in Free Agency...which would REALLY help free up and clarify (or further confuse) the issue of what to do in the draft.
Some other big upcoming dates to look forward to:
Feb. 20-26: NFL Combine (Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, IN)
March 9-11: Teams can begin negotiating with the agents of players set to become unrestricted free agents at the start of the league year (teams can only talk to agents and not the players during this negotiating window)
March 12: 2013 League Year begins at 4 p.m. ET, opening free agency and the trading period
March 17-20: Annual League Meeting (The Biltmore in Phoenix, AZ) Compensatory picks normally announced.
April 25-27: 2013 NFL Draft (in New York City, NY)
So, here's this week's Mockery Thread...for those of you who don't remember, we will post one of these threads every week or two, depending on the volume, and encourage all of the Mockers to post their mocks HERE... and not in the fanshots/fanposts/comments.
Moderators will be encouraged to copy/paste mocks that aren't FanPost worthy in the comments of this thread, in order to make sure the numerous, well-thought out FanPosts don't get pushed down the list by a million simple mocks.
Assumptions: Bowe, Albert, Colquitt, Jackson, Ropo/Smith all re-sign with KC
1) Geno Smith, QB. I'm happy with Geno or Tyler Wilson, but I think KC HAS to get their guy, and by the time this process is over... they'll have to use the top pick to avoid missing out.
2) Arthur Brown, ILB. Getting a 3-down player at this position would be HUGE for the versatility of the defense.
3) Travis Kelce, TE, Cinci: Ideally, Boss and Moeaki are back as starters, and he's a developmental #3... but could start day one if Boss is done. (looks like his stock is rising, so I've moved him up
3 comp) Stedman Bailey, WR West Virginia: May not last this long, but would be awesome to pair with Geno as they have in HS and College.
4) Corey Lemonier, OLB: will become the 3rd best pass-rusher on the field, and nice depth behind Hali/Houston
5) Kenjon Barner,RB Oregon: Having filled other needs, getting a potentially explosive RB makes some sense here.
6) Matt Scott, QB Arizona: athletic developmental prospect
7) Graham Pocic, C/G, Illinois: depth guy, completes the trifecta of Illini interior OLinemen for KC
7 comp) Alec Lemon, WR, Syracuse: no logic here, just looking for decent players late
(draft rankings from CBS/NFL DraftScout)
Some Mock Draft sites: