Week 16 Roll Up:
Nate is somehow still rolling as he was the only player to pick Buffalo over Miami. Vince and Eric continue their slide putting up season low numbers.
Matt Miller: 10-6
Pete Prisco: 9-7
Adam Schefter: 9-7
Solid week by the experts added a few more games to their lead.
Season Roll Up:
Nate remains the only amateur to have out picked their expert counterpart. Eric can catch Miller if everything goes his way today and Vince is out of it before it starts being down by 10 to Schefter.
Week 17 Picks:
Eric: San Diego
- The Chiefs are resting starters and good thing. 2-4 in your division is nothing to brag about at least we can say we would have went .500 if it wasn’t for this game.
Nate: San Diego *Lock of the Week*
- The Chargers could potentially have everything to play for in this game while the Chiefs are using nothing but backups.
Vince: Kansas City
- The Chiefs are just going to limp into the playoffs.
- This one’s for pride. The Steelers have more of that.
- The Steelers are somehow still alive in the playoff hunt and are hosting a Browns team that they've beat 9 straight times at home. No reason to think that streak ends this weekend.
- The Browns are just one of those bottom feeding teams that probably should have never been brought back to the league
Nate: New York
- It's hard to pick the Redskins against anyone right now. The team is completely lost and without leadership. This will probably be the final game in Washington for Shanahan.
- Hate this division but have high hopes for Cousins.
Eric: New Orleans
- The Saints show the Bucs the door, in return the Bucs show Greg Schiano the door.
Nate: New Orleans
- The Jekyll and Hyde show continues with the Saints, but this time in their favor as they're back in the comforts of their own dome.
Vince: Tampa Bay *Upset of the Week*
- Watch this be a game to shake the playoffs up.
Eric: New England
- The Pats win this one at home because that’s what good teams do.
Nate: New England
- The Pats absolutely own the Bills over the last decade. Now they're coming to Foxboro with a backup at the helm. This is as sure as it gets for a Pats win.
Vince: New England
- The Bills are looking towards next year because this one was awful.
- I made this pick primarily because I need opposite picks from Miller but the Vikes have been lighting up the scoreboard and we all know Detroit can do anything about it.
- On paper, this should be a no-brainer. However, the Lions have lost 5 of 6 and are in a funk right now. If they can't beat the Peterson-less Vikings led by Matt Cassel, Coach Schwartz should be out of a job.
- The Lions fell off a cliff through the second half of the season but at least they should send Jim Schwartz out on a good note.
- I’ll give Joe Philbin the edge since I deployed with his son who was a really good guy.
- I hope Geno makes a splash for his season finale, but I just see too many things going wrong for the Jets in this game. The Dolphins should be scrappy as they fight for the 6th seed in the playoffs.
- Sorry the Jets are just a sad team the Dolphins will beat them bad.
- Indy can claim the two seed. That’s enough motivation for a decisive win.
- After the beat down of the Chiefs last week, the Colts got a much needed confidence boost. Watch for that momentum to continue against the Jags.
Vince: Indianapolis *Lock of the Week*
- The Colts win a very weak division this year.
- Picking the Texans hasn’t worked for me this year but the Titans are beatable if Houston plays to its ability. Oh and Miller picked Tennessee.
- The last victory the Texans experienced was all the way back in week 2 against these same Titans. Many things have changed since then and now the Texans have to go on the road to try to beat them again. I just don't see it happening.
- Not much of an upset but I have faith in the Texans.
- The Allas D and that Philly O. This could get comical. The weak NFC East could make a playoff run.
- Kyle Orton is probably one of the best backups in the league, but I don't think he will be able to do enough to keep up with the high octane Eagles offense.
- This just seems like a game the Cowboys pull out of they're butt.
- The Bengals are more talented and are playing to host the undetermined sixth seed. They’d rather do that than play the Chiefs.
- This should be a highly competitive game. Two division rivals; one trying to get into the playoffs while the other is going for a first round bye in the playoffs. I have to go with the Bengals in this one but it will be close.
- Cincy wins a closer game than expected.
Eric: Green Bay
- Aaron Rodgers is enough. The Pack go into Soldier Field and clench the NFC North.
Nate: Green Bay
- Rodgers is back and he'll prove right away the night and day difference this team has when he's in the lineup.
- With Rodgers just coming back look for him to be rusty.
- The Panther D shuts down the Falcons in preparation for the playoffs. Tony Gonzalez and Steven Jackson have their disappointment ended.
- It's hot meets cold in the matchup between 2 teams going in opposite directions. I'll take the team that has won 10 of their last 11.
- The Panthers roll on their way to a first round bye.
- When’s the last time the Seahawks have lost at home?
- The Rams haven't won in Seattle since 2004. They will put up a fight, but they're just not good enough to break that winless streak in Seattle.
- NFC home field advantage locked and ready.
- The Cards pull off a big win at home.
Nate: San Francisco *Upset of the Week*
- I could easily see this game going either way, but I just think the 49ers are the better team and are playing at an extremely high level as of late winning 5 in a row.
Vince: San Francisco
- Watch the Cards put up a fight if not upset the 49ers.
- This game will get ugly. I expect a Broncos victory by at least 21 points.
- The Raiders just never played well this year the Broncos could rack points up in this one