The 2014 Pro Bowl rosters were announced on Friday night on NFL Network, and the Kansas City Chiefs had a total of eight players selected.
Several Chiefs were safe bets to make the Pro Bowl rosters given the vote totals revealed before Friday night's announcement, including running back Jamaal Charles who is having an MVP-type season.
The full list of Chiefs players:
#Chiefs lead the NFL with five defensive players selected for the 2014 Pro Bowl— Rachel (@KCChiefs_Rachel) December 28, 2013
Derrick Johnson is likely the biggest surprise among Pro Bowl related news for the Chiefs, given that the inside linebacker is often mentioned among the top two or three players on the team. The defense is already well-represented, but Johnson's absence will be a talking point among fans and local media. And players.
Not quite sure how DJ didn't make the pro bowl.— Geoff Schwartz (@geoffschwartz) December 28, 2013
Also, Chiefs punter Dustin Colquitt did not make it. He's another player many thought would make it.
Back-ups or alternates have not yet been announced as rosters will change due to Super Bowl rosters being unavailable, player injuries and so on. In other words, there could be more coming.
Our poll entering tonight's announcement:
We will also have full analysis on who is in and out from the Chiefs on Saturday at AP, but you can start the discussion below.
- Dwayne Bowe, Tamba Hali will not play in Chiefs-Chargers game
- How many Pro Bowlers will the Kansas City Chiefs have?
- NFL picks Week 17: Predicting the Chiefs-Chargers and all other games
- Chiefs vs. Chargers 2013: 5 things to know about the regular season finale
- Kansas City Chiefs make a few roster moves
- Arrowheadlines: Kansas City Chiefs News 12/27