It was only a week ago that the Kansas City Chiefs signed DT Jerrell Powe after initially releasing him way back in August. Unfortunately for Powe, he lasted just a week in Kansas City. The Chiefs cut Powe on Friday, one day before the team heads to Oakland for Sunday's game against the Raiders.
In a corresponding move, the team signed WR Chad Hall, who has been on and off the Chiefs roster all season.
This move is perhaps more notable than a back-of-the-roster shuffle. WR Dexter McCluster hurt his ankle on Thursday, landing himself on the injury report. We don't know how serious the injury is, if at all, but Hall plays McCluster's position.
Just looking at it like that, you have to wonder about McCluster's availability this weekend.
For the season in Kansas City, Hall has one reception for nine yards in a Week 5 game against the Tennessee Titans. He was also targeted multiple times in the Week 3 Philadelphia Eagles game.
- What the Broncos loss means to Chiefs and AFC playoff picture
- Predicting the Chiefs-Raiders and all other games
- Dexter McCluster joins Chiefs injury report
- More Knile Davis, please
- Dwayne Bowe credits yoga for his last TD, introduces "D-Bowe-ing it"
- Kansas City is a 4.5-point favorite in Oakland
- Arrowheadlines: Chiefs News 12/13