The three injured players
LT Branden Albert: Will not practice today. He has a hyper-extended knee and did not play last week against Washington.
TE Anthony Fasano: Limited. He's in the fourth of five phases in the NFL's concussion protocol. He'll do some work with the scout team.
LB Justin Houston: Limited. He'll do some individual work and see how he feels. He has that subluxed elbow, so it seems he could possibly be available this week. We'll see how it goes.
I saw Justin Houston a couple minutes ago. No brace, no sling & no wrap on his elbow so positive sign. #Chiefs— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) December 11, 2013
- "The first [Raiders game] was a challenge for four quarters and we're not expecting anything less here."
- "They have one of the best special teams coaches in the NFL in Bobby April."
- "They do a lot of things on defense. They had some changes, some new faces on that team. You see them kind of flying around. They've taken on 24's (Charles Woodson) personality just a bit. Before there might be a guy that pops open, but you don't see that anymore. Everyone is covered. You have to work for everything you get."
- "[QB Matt MCGloin] has been on fire for a few weeks here. They're putting up numbers and they're working Terrelle Pryor back in, so they have a nice mix going there. We know there's a small margin between winning and losing in the NFL. We've been on the plus-side of that a couple of times."
Tamba is AFC defensive player of the week
"Every play is his last play, that's how he approaches it. Without Houston on the other side, it's a tribute to the rest of the guys, which Tamba always says. But it's true. The other guys there are in pass rush positions, [Frank] Zombo in particular has upped his game, and really done a nice job with us. Likewise with the interior guys. But not taking away from Tamba. You love to see a player like this get the credit he gets because he works so stinkin' hard. He's all in, all the time."
The Black Hole in Oakland
"I've had a chance to take teams in there a couple of times. It's a tough place to play from that standpoint. The fans are, they take a lot of pride in making that the black hole. We get all that. The most important is you're preparing yourself to play that football team."
Quintin Demps recent play
"He was drafted in Philly to replace Brian Dawkins. "It didn't work for him. It just didn't. He's a tough kid. I knew a little bit about him having coached at UTEP, I knew the coach there and the AD there. I knew that if it didn't work in Philly he would keep at it....
"I felt very comfortable bringing him [to Kansas City]. He's a good kid who works hard. He's not afraid to admit a mistake if he makes one. He's a stand-up guy."
Derrick Johnson is the man
"Great, great player, It's time-tested. Great kid. Great leader. Guys respect him. I've been lucky enough to be around some great players and when you need a play, they somehow make a play and that's what makes them great. He's done it year after year. It's not something new. I appreciate working with him. I feel lucky to work with him."
- Alex Smith nearing Chiefs record for QB rushing yards
- Chiefs sign a receiver to the practice squad
- Chiefs 2014 schedule is shaping up
- Tamba Hali named AFC defensive player of the week
- The Chiefs pass catchers through 14 weeks
- NFL power rankings, Week 15
- Which AFC playoff team would you want the Chiefs to play?
- Arrowheadlines: Chiefs News 12/11