The Kansas City Chiefs halted a three-game losing streak on Sunday, pounding the Washington Redskins 45-10 at FedEx Field.
Behind Alex Smith, Jamaal Charles and a resurgent defense, the Chiefs bounced back to move within one win of a playoff spot. Kansas City now sits at 10-3, likely positioning itself for a game with the Indianapolis Colts in the wild card round.
With only three games left in the regular season, the Chiefs have a chance to get healthy and gear up for a playoff run. So where do they rank compared to other playoff teams? Let's take a look:
|Ranking||Joel T.||Matt V.||Matt C.||MNChiefsFan||Average|
|New Orleans Saints||3||3||3||3||3.0|
|San Francisco 49ers||4||6||4||4||4.5|
|Kansas City Chiefs||7||4||5||5||5.3|
|New England Patriots||5||5||7||9||6.5|
|San Diego Chargers||16||18||13||16||15.8|
|Green Bay Packers||18||16||18||20||18.0|
|New York Jets||22||20||24||23||22.3|
|New York Giants||23||24||21||24||23.0|
|St. Louis Rams||24||22||22||25||23.3|
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers||25||23||23||22||23.3|
7. They snapped their three-game losing streak with an impressive road victory at Washington. But the opponent didn't offer much in return.
Editor's note: Win by 35, move down a spot in Prisco's world...
7. The Chiefs looked solid on all fronts against a struggling Redskins team, but can they beat a team with an elite QB?
8. It was a welcome return to early-season form for the Chiefs as they pulled off a three-phases rout of the Redskins. It may not offer a ton of proof about what Kansas City can do against the top tier, but it's always nice to fire on all cylinders while your return games go wild. All but locked into the #5 seed in the AFC, the Chiefs can focus on getting guys like Justin Houston, Branden Albert and Anthony Fasano healthy and putting their November woes behind them. (Last week: 9)
7. A return to the W column with the Chiefs with a blow-out win against the hapless Redskins. The Chiefs defense and special teams showed up big in this game, which is key for their post season hopes.
8. For the first time in weeks, it was the Kansas City defense and special teams making winning plays. (LW: 9)
8. Nice win, Kansas City. It's good you have gotten back to beating doormat teams who have quit on their coach and team. It's already been proven that the Chiefs are not much of threat to do much damage in the playoffs.
9. How do you cure a three-game losing streak? Visit Washington.
4. They gave Redskin fans a reason to leave early.
- Which team would you want the Chiefs to play?
- New Jersey groundhog predicts Chiefs-Saints Super Bowl
- Chiefs vs. Redskins: The best and the worst
- Chiefs solution to snowy FedEx Field came from the equipment manager
- Chiefs did what they were supposed to do vs. Redskins
- Andy Reid on 150 wins, more work for Knile Davis, and injury updates
- Chiefs incredible comeback continues
- Arrowheadlines: Chiefs News 12/10