The KC Chiefs hope to avoid the trap game as they face the San Diego Chargers today, one week ahead of the big rematch with the Denver Broncos. But let's focus on the next opponent, the San Diego Chargers. The Chiefs are favored in this game by 4.5 points, which marks the first time since 2005 that KC has been favored over the Chargers -- either home or away. That's a fairly amazing statistic considering these two teams meet twice a year.
The Chiefs are playing extremely well at this point because they play good defense and avoid turnovers. It doesn't hurt that Jamaal Charles is putting in an MVP-type season. Alex Smith has been OK at times but the defense is the real story of the Chiefs 2013 success.
The game kicks off at noon on CBS. Read on for more information on how to watch or listen to the game.
Game time: Sunday, November 24, 12 p.m. (Arrowhead Time)
Location: Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, Missouri
Do you get the game? Click here
Announcers: Jim Nantz, Phil Simms
Radio: 101.1 The Fox (Click listen live), Sirius 86 (Internet 815)
Series history: 53-52-1 (Chargers lead); 23-18 in Kansas City
Last game: Chiefs lost in San Diego, 31-13, 11/1/12
Out: Mike DeVito, DE (knee)
Doubtful: Eric Fisher, OT (shoulder)
Out: King Dunlap, OT (neck)
Doubtful: Jarret Johnson, OLB (hand)
Arrowhead Pride picks
Matt Verderame: Kansas City 23, Chargers 13
Clay Wendler: Chiefs 20, Chargers 17
Joel Thorman: Chiefs 24, Chargers 23
Chris Thorman: Chiefs 24, Chargers 13
MNChiefsFan: Chiefs 31, Chargers 13
NJChiefsFan: Chiefs 24, Chargers 17
Matt Conner: Chiefs 30, Chargers 10
Chiefs 2013 schedule: 7 games left!
- Arrowheadlines: Kansas City Chiefs news 11/23
- Chiefs injury report: Mike DeVito out, Eric Fisher doubtful
- Chiefs' Kyle Williams tore his ACL, out for season with injury
- Chad Hall returns to the Kansas City Chiefs
- Alex Smith from both sides: A fence-sitter's call for peace
- NFL picks Week 12: Predicting the Chiefs-Chargers and all other games
- Will Shields is a semifinalist for 2014 Hall of Fame Class
- Pro Bowl Voting: Jamaal Charles, Dontari Poe among leading vote-getters
- Kansas City Chiefs offensive line ranks 23rd in the NFL
- KC Chiefs game plan: Stopping the San Diego Chargers