Ok fellow Chiefs fans!
The game of the season (or rather, the game of the season part 1) is almost here. Chiefs vs. Broncos, and the winner takes the lead in the AFC West. Win here, and it's more than a moral victory. It's a chance to show the nation of doubters and KC nay-sayers that there's a reason we are undefeated. Plus, it sets us virtually three games ahead of Denver (2 due to having more wins then them, and 1 due to having the head to head tiebreaker, which Denver would need to make up). It also practically assures that we win the AFC West and goes a long way to having the #1 seed in the playoffs.
No pressure, right?
So much has been said about this game from all over, mostly focusing on Peyton Manning and his ability to dissect opposing defenses. The #1 scoring offense vs. the #1 scoring defense. You know the drill.
This fanpost has a few points that have not been brought up. And especially, some bold predictions for the game. So are you ready? 'Cause here we go.
1) Peyton Manning will not play the whole game. Yep. You heard it here first. At some point in the game, he will have to sit due to injury. I'm thinking it will be sometime in the second half. I don't want him to be injured - I'd rather us beat Denver with Peyton in there. But I'm also thinking it's very probable.
2) Backup QB Brock Osweiler will play - and surprise us. Since our whole defensive scheme is geared to upsetting Manning, we will be caught off guard and have to adjust on the fly - which hasn't exactly been our strong suit. We have done great with lots of tape to dissect, and have had difficulties without game tape. (Think Case Keenum).
3) Mike DeVito will have a big game.
4) Broncos RB Knowshon Moreno will also have a big game.
5) The Chiefs offense will struggle for about half of their drives. But just when we need it most, Alex Smith will pull out a Manning impression and throw long passes leading to touchdowns.
6) The Chiefs defense will be solid, and will have at least 3-4 big plays.
Remember, you heard it here first!