First time post - Long time Lurker - Be gentle
Hello fellow Red Wearing Raider Haters!
Just wanted to say a few things about our Chiefs. Lately I have been hearing a lot of people say that its not ok to be critical of the Chiefs and we don't get any love in the media, or, on the flip side, Its not ok to give them a pass just because they are 5-0 and we still suck rabble rabble rabble. My points on this are:
1. We are getting more love in the media than we have in a long time. We have been favored in several games and will most likely be favored in 2 (if not 3) of the next 3 at home. I know a lot of people here think we get no respect in the media, but that has not been the case, especially if you watch the pregame shows.
2. That said, most in the media don't believe we are Superbowl caliber (minus Keyshawn Johnson and a few others). And they are most likely right (right now). Our O-Line is inconsistent, we haven't destroyed many teams offensively (read: Execution is lacking) and we don't play good football until the fourth quarter. We have holes is what I'm trying to say.
3. We do have the time and people to get better though. Our coaching staff is top notch, especially in player development and game-planning (clock management is a cheeseburger unattainable by Andy at this point). If our O line gels, and Alex gets more comfy with his receivers we have a shot. Getting both TE's back would help with this. Both are going to be possible before the year is out (The Ravens are a good example of this last year with the O-Line gelling and the receivers having more time to get open.)
4. We have a fantastic Home-Field advantage that maybe one or two other teams in the NFL enjoy (GB, Seattle). It will be difficult to win here because our Chiefense has brought the crowd back.
5. Unfortunately, unless something terrible happens to Peyton, we are going to have a hard time using that HFA in the playoffs. I think of all the things we will struggle with, that will be the biggest hurdle to the Superbowl.
Thats all I got. Please be gentle with me in the comments and feel free to disagree with me loudly.
~The IT Guy