The Kansas City Chiefs are now 5-0 after beating the Tennessee Titans, 26-17, on Sunday afternoon. Andy Reid was his usual self after the game talking to the media, not too high and not too low, which is an impressive feat considering this is the second best start in Chiefs franchise history.
Here are a few highlights of what Andy Reid had to say to the media after the game (video here):
- "It was a resilient win."
- "Jamaal, down the stretch there. He's a tough kid. He willed his way through there along with the offensive line in the fourth quarter."
- On the offense stalling at times: "That's my responsibility. I'm the one calling the plays. I have to make sure I put these guys in the right position to make plays earlier."
- "[Marcus Cooper] did a nice job, really nice job. He competed out there. That's a good receiving corp. I thought Fitz was on fire there in the second half. He competed and didn't back down at all. He challenged the receives. That's a tribute to the kid's make-up."
- On Alex Smith, the leader: "The players are all looking at [Alex Smith], they're looking at him on every snap. That's their leader out there. If you're wavering at all, or you don't have the right look in your eye, these guys sense that. They can tell. How you present yourself is huge when you're in that huddle or checking at the line."
- "Bob [Sutton] I think had a great game plan and the players were flying around. It was tight coverage."
- "We are 5-0 and we're not ashamed of that but we also know we have a ton of room to improve and it's important we continue to do that. These guys are wired that way. We'll enjoy it for a few hours and then tomorrow we're back at it."
- "The [muffed punt] was good. I actually didn't see it, I was back getting things straight on the back-end, so I didn't see the whole thing but I'm glad we came up on the good side of that one."
Big Red: "My hat goes off to the fans. The fans really controlled that lower bowl there. We heard them and appreciate the support."— Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) October 7, 2013
"5 is a beautiful number but 6 is even prettier." -Andy Reid in the post-game locker room http://t.co/IkwpMpKwKd— Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) October 7, 2013