Week 8 Roll Up:
Nate not only hit on his first upset pick but he was the only player, amateur or expert, to correctly pick the Giants over the Eagles. He was also the only player to whiff on Geno Smith and the Jets in his unprecedented second upset pick. Matt Stafford ruined Eric’s upset pick and Dez Bryant let the Cowboys hear about it.
Matt Miller: 10-3
Pete Prisco: 10-3
Adam Schefter: 11-2
The experts matched the amateurs this week ending with the exact same score. For the first time this season Schefter lead the experts.
Season Roll Up:
Total margins stayed the same this week with the amateurs holding three of the top four scores. Miller maintains his four pick overall lead.
Week 8 Picks:
- I THINK the Bengals are where I expected them to be in week one. This team is dripping with talent. There are internal grumblings in Miami regarding OC Mike Sherman and his play calling.
-After last week's beatdown of the Jets, the Bengals are looking like a serious contender. Look for them to make another statement Thursday night.
-The Bengals are clicking right now on O and they’re D is definitely helping as well they have plenty of weapons for Andy Dalton to be successful.
Eric: Kansas City
- The Bills resemble the Browns to me. QB issues, young, and have a stout defense. This is definitely a game the Chiefs need to avoid taking off in preparation for the bye week.
Nate: Kansas City
-The Chiefs have been stumbling of late, but they keep on winning. I expect this to be another tough, close game.
Vince: Kansas City
-KC is going to be able to relax this week against the struggling beaten up Bills team.
-The Rams looked very formidable against the Seahawks last week. I believe that was a fluke.
-The Titans will take a sloppy W this week against the Rams who need serious help.
Eric: New Orleans
- The Saints will roll over the Jets. The offense has firepower but the defense is holding it's own allowing 18 points or less in each win this season.
Nate: New Orleans
-As my Superbowl favorite, the Saints are going to win this game easily.
Vince: New Orleans
-The Saints are just one of the best teams in the league hands down good luck to the Jets who may have beaten the Pats but will not beat the Saints.
Eric: San Diego
- The Redskins defense has it's work cut out trying to slow down Phillip Rivers. Also in the Chargers favor is that they have the longest active winning streak against the NFC East at seven games.
Nate: Washington *Upset Pick*
-A late game collapsed prevented the Redskins from knocking out Denver last week. They close the deal this week against the Chargers.
Vince: San Diego
-This may be Philip Rivers’s year he could take his team the distance as long as he stays consistent.
-I have the Cowboys getting back over .500 this week. Minnesota doesn't have anyone that can throw the ball and there's not a chance any QB on their roster pulls of the Stafford sneak.
-The Vikings are just awful. Even the best RB in football can't run them out of this mess.
-The Cowboys have lost games by just a small margin they are probably going to win the division where as the Vikings will be lucky not to finish at the bottom of theirs.
- The Panthers can run the ball and play really good defense. They only rank outside the top in one one major stat, passing offense. The Falcons only rank better than 22nd on one stat, passing offense. Advantage Carolina.
-Ron Rivera finally has the defense he needed to make this team dangerous. They kick the Falcons while they're down this week.
-The Panthers are finally finishing games I just feel like the Falcons are still struggling on the line so watch the Panthers take advantage of that.
Eric: Seattle *Lock of the Week*
- This isn't even fair.
Nate: Seattle *Lock of the Week*
-This game could get so ugly that it might literally cost Schiano his job this week.
Vince: Seattle *Lock of the week*
-The Bucs just cannot keep up with a decent team they are just a bad team.
- As much as I hate to say it Terrelle Pryor is turning into a decent QB. Something the Eagles can't say right now.
-Oakland is playing well on the ground and on defense. It's a strategy that will keep you in every game you play.
-Pryor or Foles hmmm ill take Pryor.
Eric: New England
- The Patriots defensive injuries help the Steelers here but aren't enough to get them a W. Seats are getting hot in Pittsburgh.
-This should be the confidence booster that is well needed for the Pats.
Vince: New England
- Can’t stand the Steelers good luck to them.
-The Browns looked like a different team out there with Campbell last week. They ride that momentum and turn it into a win this week against the Ravens.
-I think this whole division excluding the Bengals needs some serious revamping.
- Case Keenum is keeping me from picking the Texans. This will be a tough win for the Colts.
-If the Colts take Keenum as lightly as the Chiefs did, they could very easily be leaving Houston with a loss. I think they're too smart for that.
Vince: Houston *Upset Pick*
-Have faith in Keenum he almost beat the Chiefs and has had two weeks to prep for this. Things should turn for my Texans this week.
Eric: Green Bay
- No Jay Cutler no win. The Packers are ranked in the top five in passing, rushing, and rush defense which doesn't bode well for the Bears.
Nate: Green Bay
-Monday night at Lambeau with Cutler out? Chalk another easy win up for the Bears.
Vince: Green Bay
-With Cutler out its hard to think that the Bears could compete.