The Kansas City Chiefs are 7-0, the only unbeaten squad left in the National Football League.
You know what, screw the intro paragraphs.
Now, the mood has been set. Your power rankings, Kansas City:
|Ranking||Joel T.||Matt C.||Matt V||MNChiefs||Average|
|Kansas City Chiefs||1||1||1||1||1.0|
|New Orleans Saints||5||2||2||2||2.8|
|San Francisco 49ers||6||6||6||7||6.3|
|New England Patriots||7||7||7||6||6.8|
|Green Bay Packers||8||9||8||8||8.3|
|San Diego Chargers||16||13||12||16||14.3|
|New York Jets||22||12||16||17||16.8|
|New York Giants||26||27||29||29||27.8|
|St. Louis Rams||29||29||28||27||28.3|
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers||31||31||31||30||30.8|
Other power rankings from around the internet:
3. KC is undefeated, and some would automatically put the Chiefs in the top spot, but I can't yet. Their defense is great but the offense leaves some things to be desired. Four wins have come without Alex Smith throwing a touchdown pass.
1. At 7-0, they are the class of the league. Give Andy Reid credit for getting this team off to a hot start.
1. The Chiefs defense has been devastating this season, leading the NFL in PPG allowed (11.6), sacks (35) and passes defended/intercepted (47).
1. This defense hasn't given up more than 17 points yet this season and has a league-high 35 sacks on the year. Absolutely dominant.
1. Alright Chiefs fans, you asked for it -- several times -- here it is: Number One. And it's well deserved. The skepticism was well deserved too, but no one can argue with the last unbeaten team resting atop this list. Now you have a reason to be the loudest.
4. The biggest fraud of any team in the Top 8 has to be the Chiefs. This team looks almost exactly like the 2009 Broncos. They too started 6-0 then 8-2 mostly off of historically amazing defensive effort with insane turnover numbers and a mediocre offense. We all know the results of that, the season came unhinged once the randomness of turnovers drifted back towards historical averages. For now, however, they are 7-0 with most of us expecting them to lose every week. The lowly Texans almost took them down this week in Arrowhead.
1. It is a little surprising that Kansas City let it be this close in Arrowhead. But, they are the only team with a 0 in the loss column, and worthy of the top spot.
4. Even though they're unbeaten and this defense is the real deal, could the Chiefs really beat Denver, Seattle or New Orleans? I'm still not convinced.
1. The last remaining undefeated team in the NFL. It's amazing how this team has gone from worst to first. They allow a mere 11.5 points per game. Congrats, Andy.