Week 6 Roll Up:
A strong week overall for the amateurs. The Geno Smith bandwagon didn’t pay off for Nate as the Steelers got their first win of the Season. Vince’s ridiculous upset pick cost him a win as the Chiefs shut down Pryor and the Raiders.
Matt Miller: 10-5
Pete Prisco: 9-6
Adam Schefter: 10-5
All three experts missed on the Vikings, Jets and Texans but still ended with a decent week. 2 of the 3 experts did pick the Patriots to upset the Saints.
Season Roll Up:
Miller adds another pick to his overall lead and has the experts up seven picks. He is the only expert beating all the amateurs.
Week 7 Picks:
- The Seahawks suffered their lone hiccup week five. They may not lose again until week 14 against the 49ers. The Seahawks will only get stronger as the season goes on.
-The Seahawks don’t always win pretty, but it doesn’t matter. They win another one ugly this week against the Cards
-The Seahawks are one of those teams that could win by 30 or scrape a win by 3 but with it being the Cards expect it to be a 30 game.
Eric: Kansas City
- This could easily be a set up game for the Chiefs. What keeps it from being just that is this shut down defense facing Case Keenum. With Matt Schaub sitting out the Kansas City defense and the crowd noise stifles the Texans young starter. With that, this KC offense needs to work out the kinks during the upcoming three game home stand. Vince will lower his creditability with his homer pick.
Nate: Kansas City
-The game is much more dangerous than people think. The Texans have a good defense and playmakers on offense, but as we learned from the 2012 Chiefs, bad QB play can easily sink a talented team.
Vince: Houston *Upset Pick*
-I hate the road that Houston is on but they are my home team and depending on how they come out of the blocks they could stun the Chiefs, but if the Texans lose it they seem to lose horribly so we will just see how it goes.
Eric: San Diego
- The Chargers are one of the teams I can’t figure out this year. They win and they lose and I’ve been good at picking the opposite result. The Jags have better chances at a win later in the season.
Nate: Jacksonville *Upset Pick*
-This is not a typo. The Chargers will be traveling across country (nearly 2500 miles) on a short week to play the lowly Jags. There is no national spotlight and little to get up for against this 0-6 team. The Bolts are going to come into this game thinking they’re going to pick up an easy win and coast into their bye week. Instead, they get snake bit.
Vince: San Diego
-Rivers is hot right now and from the way the Jags are playing its looking like the Jags are aiming to get Bridgewater in the upcoming draft. LOSERS!!!!
- I consider the Lions and Bengals the same teams in opposite conferences. The Bengals are 3-0 at home and 1-2 on the road. The Lion are 2-0 at home and 2-2 on the road. With home field advantage I’ll give the motor city the edge.
-The Lions have played 4 of their first 6 games on the road and sit at 4-2 with a perfect 2-0 record at home. They make it 3-0 at home after Sunday.
-This game is a total toss up but I feel like with Bernard and the double tight sets that the Bengals are using is going to help them in the long run warring down the front 7 of Detroit.
- Miami rights the ship this week. Buffalo’s ship is sailing without a captain. Until the Bills get E.J. Manuel back they will continue to flounder.
-The Phins are the better team and playing at home. After dropping 2 straight, the Dolphins get back on track with a win.
-If the Bills still had Ej Manuel this game could be a lot closer but unfortunately he will be gone for 4-6 weeks plus Tannehill may be one of the better underrated QBs in the league watch him have a good game.
- The Falcons have to bounce back and the Bucs are the perfect team to start with. Weeks seven, eight and nine are winnable to try to get a hot streak going for the 2012 NFC championship rematch with the Seahawks.
-Injuries aside, the Falcons are still too much for a Bucs team that is in chaos this year.
-The Bucs could win this game but I think this may be a game that even with a weak O Line and Jones out the Falcons will still move the ball down the field.
Eric: New York *Upset Pick*
- The Patriots edged the Jets at home in week two 13-10. Though New England’s offense has improved so has the Jets defense. What I think makes the biggest difference is the lack of Vince Wilfork and Jarrod Mayo on that Patriot defense. Geno Smith will find a way to pull off the upset.
Nate: New England
-Geno Smith is alternating good performances with bad this season. And after last week, he should be due for another good game. Unfortunately, it still won’t be enough to beat the Pats.
Vince: New England
-The Jets literally just have no chance to outperform the Patriots with Winslow out Smith doesn’t have any good receivers to put the ball up too.
- The Cowboys have lost two of their last three while the Eagles have won two of their last three. This is the game that separates the two NFC East contenders and starts Big D’s climb to a division title.
-A good NFC East shootout that ends with the Boys on top.
-The Eagles will look better with Foles as the QB but Romo is one of the top QBs statistically so far this year.
- Chicago hasn’t held an opponent under 21 points this year. The Skins have only done so once in their only win against the Raiders. Both stats are relatively meaningless in an easy win for the Bears.
-I could actually see this going either way, but the Bears should be able to handle the Skins.
- As long as the Bears defense keeps pressure and Jay Cutler is on target easy win.
- The Rams are coming off two straight 30 point performances. What the Panthers have to say about that is the seventh best pass defense and the fourth best rush defense in the league. If Cam Newton can limit turnovers this is an easy win for the Panthers.
-The Panthers have the potential to beat anyone. They bring the Rams back down to earth this weekend at home.
-As Nate said the Panthers have the potential to beat anyone they play. The Rams will struggle to keep Newton contained and with Lafell playing half way decent as a second receiver the rams will just end up being overwhelmed.
Eric: San Francisco *Lock of the Week*
- The Niners have gotten back to what they do well, run the ball, which has helped Kaepernick drastically. Without Locker the Titans are a nonfactor.
Nate: San Francisco
-It won’t be an easy win for the 49ers, but they will win this low scoring affair.
Vince: San Francisco
-This would be my lock of the week as well but I didn’t want to mimic anyone else’s but the niners will get after Fitz all game making it hard for the Titans to move the ball and cause them to be 1 dimensional relying on the run.
Eric: Green Bay
- The Pack have found their stride and it contains running the ball as the NFLs fifth best rush offense. The offensive balance helps them to their third win in three weeks.
Nate: Green Bay *Lock of the week*
-Remember when the Packers were 1-2? They will finish off the Browns easily with their 3rd consecutive win.
Vince: Green Bay
-This game will be closer than people think the Browns are not a bad team but the Packers will in the end win it just watch for the closeness.
- The Steelers reel off a season high second straight as their defense shows what Joe Flacco is really worth.
-Don’t let the win against the Jets fool you. The Steelers are still a very bad football team.
-The Steelers are still going to finish at the bottom of their division the only win they have was against a subpar Jets team that wont finish above .500 this year.
-I’ve thought that the Colts were pretenders all season. A pissed off Manning is going to show Irsay what they’ve been missing since he left.
Vince: Denver *Lock of the week*
-Peyton is fired up after this whole bull crap with him only winning 1 super bowl plus he was upset that he didn’t score more against the Jags, watch him to let it rip.
Eric: New York
- I figure with two games left against the Redskins and one against the Raiders this is the start of the transition from a failed season to a bad season.
Nate: New York
-Oh NFL, you shouldn’t have. Treating us to a Giants/Vikings MNF matchup!! I must be feeling weird because the Giants are my second 0-6 team I’ve picked to get of the schneid this week.
-Freeman will make the most of his second chance the Giants are still spiraling out of control its time for change in the big Apple.