Any other year Jamaal Charles would be in the discussion for comeback player of the year and first team All-Pro running back.
But Adrian Peterson happened this year.
Peterson and Seahawks running back were named to the AP All-Pro first team on Saturday morning while KC Chiefsrunning back Jamaal Charles and Redskins running back Alfred Morris landed on the second team. Charles had seven votes.
More: Complete All-Pro team
I think it says a lot about what folks think of Charles if he beat out Arian Foster, who has 10 more rushing touchdowns than Charles this season.
I don't need to tell you about Jamaal Charles' season. In the midst of the crap that was the Chiefs 2012 season, Charles was the bright spot. He rushed for a career high 1,509 yards, averaging 5.3 yards per carry. He was the only fun part of this season.
Congrats to Jamaal on a big honor.
Which other Chiefs player had a shot?
More All-Pro coverage:
- 49ers dominate the field
- Unanimous AP surprises no one
- Manning beats out Rodgers
- Jaguars punter Bryan Anger receives one vote
- Mike Pouncey snubbed
- Three in a row for Maurkice Pouncey
- Jairus Byrd misses Pro Bowl, makes All-Pro team
- Geno Atkins leads DTs in voting
- Rookie David Wilson is the only Giant
- One Bears offensive player makes it
- Rams are shut out again