August 18, 2012; St. Louis, MO, USA; Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher (59) looks on in the second half against the St. Louis Rams at the Edward Jones Dome. The Rams won 31-17. Mandatory Credit: Jeff Curry-US PRESSWIRE
Before the 2010 season Football Outsiders was one of the only outlets to predict the Kansas City Chiefs would surprisingly win the AFC West, which they did.
They also wrote this about the defense in our Q&A with them last month:
Further, Kansas City was very healthy in the front seven last year. Six players here started 14 or more games, and the seventh (Houston) played in every game, though he wasn't always in the starting lineup. Kansas City will probably suffer more injuries in this unit in 2012, and if anything their overall performance could decline.
Let's see here....
- Kendrick Lewis: Probably not going to play on Sunday.
- Tamba Hali: Not an injury but he won't play.
- Anthony Toribio: Unlikely to play on Sunday at this point.
- Derrick Johnson: Has a shot to play but limited in practice
- Brandon Flowers: Been out for five weeks. Status is unknown for Sunday.
- Allen Bailey: Did not practice on Wednesday.
- Jalil Brown: Limited in Wednesday's practice.
So, yeah. Football Outsiders is pretty good.