Check out all of this week's connections -- there are a lot -- courtesy of the Chiefs game release.
• Bills Head Coach Chan Gailey was the Offensive Coordinator in Kansas City in 2008.
• Buffalo Offensive Coordinator Curtis Modkins coached the KC running backs in 2008.
• Buffalo Wide Receivers Coach Bob Bicknell held various coaching roles in Kansas City from 2007-09.
• Bills Offensive Line Coach Joe D'Alessandris was on staff for the Chiefs in 2008-09.
• Buffalo Offensive Quality Control/Assistant Wide Receivers Coach Kevin Patullo was an Offensive Assistant with the Chiefs (2007-08).
• Bills Director of College Scouting Chuck Cook held a similar role in Kansas City for 11 seasons (1997-2007).
• Bills QB Tyler Thigpen spent more than two seasons (2007-09) in Kansas City. He started 11 games and passed for 18 TDs in 2008.
• Bills C Colin Brown was a ﬁ fth-round pick (139th overall) of the Chiefs in the 2009 NFL Draft.
• Chiefs LB Brandon Siler was in San Diego when Bills GM Buddy Nix was the Chargers' Assistant GM and TE Scott Chandler was on the roster (2007).
• Kansas City Tight Ends Coach Bernie Parmalee (2002-04) and Assistant General Manager Joel Collier (1999-04) spent time in Miami with Buffalo Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator Dave Wannstedt (1999-2004) and Linebackers Coach Bob Sanders (2001-04).
• Bills Head Strength and Conditioning Coach John Gamble held the same role in Miami (1994-2005) when Chiefs Tight Ends Coach Bernie Parmalee was a Dolphins running back (1994-98) and Assistant General Manager Joel Collier was an assistant coach (1994-2004). Gamble became the Director of Player Development in Miami and served in that role when Parmalee was a coach (2002-04) and DB Travis Daniels was on the roster (2005-07).
• Kansas City Quarterbacks Coach Jim Zorn (2007) and Strength and Conditioning Coach Mike Clark (2007-09) spent time in Seattle with Buffalo Special Teams Coordinator Bruce DeHaven.
• Buffalo Special Teams Coach Bruce DeHaven and Quarterbacks Coach David Lee spent time (2003-06) in Dallas with Chiefs Linebackers Coach Gary Gibbs (2003-05), WR Terrance Copper (2004-05), S Abram Elam (2006) and DB Jacques Reeves (2004-06).
• Chiefs Defensive Line Coach Anthony Pleasant spent the 2000 season in San Francisco with Buffalo Special Teams Coach Bruce DeHaven.
• Kansas City WR Steve Breaston spent the 2009 season in Arizona with Buffalo Offensive Coordinator Curtis Modkins.
• Chiefs Offensive Quality Control Coach Jim Bob Cooter (2009-11) and G Ryan Lilja (2004-09) spent time in Indianapolis with Buffalo Tight Ends Coach Pete Metzelaars.
• Chiefs Quarterbacks Coach Jim Zorn and Bills Tight Ends Coach Pete Metzelaars played for the Seattle Seahawks together for three seasons (1982-84).
• Bills Linebackers Coach Bob Sanders (2005-08) and OLB Nick Barnett (2003-10) spent time in Green Bay with Chiefs DT Anthony Toribio (2008-09) and LS Thomas Gafford (2006 training camp).
• Kansas City Assistant General Manager Joel Collier was in New England in 1993 when Buffalo Assistant Defensive Backs Coach Adrian White played for the Patriots.
• Kansas City Head Coach Romeo Crennel was coaching for the New York Giants while Buffalo Assistant Defensive Backs Coach Adrian Whiteplayed in the Giants secondary (1987-88, 1991).
• Chiefs T Eric Winston played the 2010 season in Houston with Bills DE Mark Anderson and TE/FB Dorin Dickerson. Winston (2006-11) and Jacques Reeves (2008-09) spent multiple years with Buffalo DE Mario Williams in Houston.
• Chiefs TE Kevin Boss and Bills TE Scott Chandler were in New York with the Giants in 2009.
• Chiefs S Abram Elam had Bills RB Tashard Choice as a teammate for part of the 2011 season in Dallas.
• Chiefs Head Coach Romeo Crennel and Assistant Head CoachMaurice Carthon were in Cleveland with Bills FB Corey McIntyre (2005).
• Bills FB Corey McIntyre spent the 2006 season in New Orleans with Defensive Assistant/Assistant Linebackers Coach Adam Zimmer, Linebackers Coach Gary Gibbs and WR Terrance Copper.
• Bills FB Corey McIntyre (2006-07) and OLB Bryan Scott (2003-05)were in Atlanta with Chiefs Defensive Backs Coach Emmitt Thomas(2006-07) and Special Teams Coach Tom McMahon (2007).
• Chiefs CB Stanford Routt played in Oakland with Bills OLB Kirk Morrison (2010) and RT Erik Pears (2009).
• Kansas City RB Peyton Hillis spent the 2008 season in Denver with Buffalo RT Erik Pears.
• Chiefs Quarterbacks Coach Jim Zorn was the head coach in Washington when Buffalo G Chad Rinehard was on the roster (2008-09).
• Bills QB/WR Brad Smith spent time (2006-10) in New York with the Jets with Chiefs Offensive Coordinator Brian Daboll (2007-08), S Abram Elam (2007-08) and DT Ropati Pitoitua (2009-10).
• Bills Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator Dave Wannstedt was Chiefs WR Jon Baldwin's head coach at Pittsburgh (2008-10).
• Buffalo Wide Receivers Coach Bob Bicknell (2006) and Assistant Offensive Line Coach Andrew Dees (2006-10) coached at Temple when Chiefs TE Steve Maneri was playing for the Owls.
• Buffalo Head Strength and Conditioning Coach Eric Ciano spent time at Tennessee with Chiefs P Dustin Colquitt and Offensive Quality Control Coach Jim Bob Cooter (2002-04).
• Bills Offensive Line Coach Joe D'Alessandris spent the 1994 season at Texas A&M with Chiefs Head Strength and Conditioning Coach Mike Clark.
• Bills Quarterbacks Coach David Lee spent the 2007 at Arkansas with Chiefs RB Peyton Hillis. Hillis and Bills SS George Wilson were teammates at Arkansas in 2004.
• Bills LB Nigel Bradham (2008-10) and LS Garrison Sanborn (2007-08) spent time at Florida State with Chiefs OL Rodney Hudson.
• Chiefs TE Tony Moeaki (2005-06) and QB Ricky Stanzi (2006) played at Iowa with Bills TE Scott Chandler.
• Chiefs CB Javier Arenas spent the 2008-09 seasons at Alabama with Bills DT Marcell Dareus.
• Chiefs WR Jon Baldwin spent the 2008-09 seasons at Pittsburgh with Bills TE/FB Dorin Dickerson.
• Chiefs LB Justin Houston spent time (2008-10) at Georgia with Bills T
• Chiefs RB Shaun Draughn and Bills SS Da'Norris Searcy spent their entire college careers together at North Carolina (2007-10).
• Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe (2003-06), DE Glenn Dorsey (2004-07), DB Travis Daniels (2004-07) and DE Tyson Jackson (2004-08) spent time at LSU with Bills ILB Kelvin Sheppard (2006-10) and DT Kyle Williams (2003-05).
• Chiefs Special Teams Coordinator Tom McMahon was coaching at Louisville in 2006 when Bills C Eric Wood was on the roster.
• Chiefs QB Brady Quinn (2006-07) and Tight Ends Coach Bernie Parmalee (2006-09) spent time at Notre Dame with Bills RT Sam Young (2006-09).
• Chiefs GM Scott Pioli and Assistant GM Joel Collier were graduate assistants at Syracuse (88-89). Collier was born in Buffalo, N.Y., when his father, Joe Collier, was coaching for the Bills (1962-68). The elder Collier led Buffalo to the 1966 AFL Championship Game vs. Kansas City as Head Coach of the Bills (1966-68).
• Buffalo Special Teams Coach Bruce DeHaven coached at Kansas (1979-81).
• Kansas City Offensive Line Coach Jack Bicknell Jr. is the brother of Buffalo Wide Receivers Coach Bob Bicknell.
• Bills C Colin Brown is from Braymer, Mo., and played at Missouri (2005-08).
• Bills QB/WR Brad Smith became the ﬁ rst player in NCAA history to pass for at least 8,000 yards and run for another 4,000 yards while he played at Missouri (2002-05).
Photo credit: Bruce Kluckhohn, Timothy T. Ludwig, Charles LeClaire, Jody Gomez-US PRESSWIRE