KANSAS CITY, MO - SEPTEMBER 9: Running back Jamaal Charles #25 of the Kansas City Chiefs rushes around pressure from the Atlanta Falcons Peria Jerry #94 during the fourth quarter season opener on September 9, 2012 at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri. Atlanta defeated Kansas City 40-24. (Photo by Peter Aiken/Getty Images)
We'll be looking at snap counts this year to determine how the Kansas City Chiefs are using various players. How often is the nose tackle on the field? When do the Chiefs take Jovan Belcher off the field? How are Jamaal Charles and Peyton Hillis being used?
All that sorta stuff. I've got a listing of snap counts for various players listed below. Hit me up in the comments section if you want to see others.
- Played every snap: Derrick Johnson, Jacques Reeves, Eric Berry, Stanford Routt
- Played all but one snap: Justin Houston, Abe Elam
- Dontari Poe: 64 percent of the defensive snaps
- Jovan Belcher: 50 percent of the defensive snaps
- Andy Studebaker: 46 percent of the defensive snaps
- Played every snap: Brandon Albert, Ryan Lilja, Rodney Hudson, Jon Asamoah, Eric Winston, Matt Cassel
- Played over 75 percent of the snaps: Dwayne Bowe, Dexter McCluster, Steve Breaston
- Jamaal Charles: 43 percent of the offensive snaps
- Shaun Draughn: 30 percent of the offensive snaps
- Peyton Hillis: 28 percent of the offensive snaps
- Jon Baldwin: 32 percent of the offensive snaps