GREEN BAY, WI - JANUARY 15: Aaron Rodgers #12 of the Green Bay Packers looks on in the third quarter against the New York Giants during their NFC Divisional playoff game at Lambeau Field on January 15, 2012 in Green Bay, Wisconsin. (Photo by Jamie Squire/Getty Images)
The NFL Network completed their run down of the top 100 players last night and to little surprise Aaron Rodgers ended up with the top spot as the best player in the NFL. He was followed by Drew Brees and another quarterback, Tom Brady, who came in fourth. Quarterbacks taking up three of the top four spots isn't a surprise either.
There were two receivers in the top 10 -- Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald -- and a couple of linebackers -- DeMarcus Ware and Patrick Willis. A name that caught my eye was Haloti Ngata, who landed in the top 10.
I don't have much of a beef with this list. I think they captured the gist of the top 10 but you always have tough decisions like Jared Allen, who missed the top 10 (13).
Here's the top 10:
1. Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers
2. New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees
3. Detroit Lions WR Calvin Johnson
4. New England Patriots QB Tom Brady
6. Dallas Cowboys LB DeMarcus Ware
7. Arizona Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald
8. Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson
9. Baltimore Ravens DT Haloti Ngata
10. San Francisco 49ers LB Patrick Willis
And the full list as NFLN's website.