1. Can the injured players return to form?
There has been no indication that Berry is having any troubles in his return from injury. It certainly sounds like from everything we've read that he will be ready for the season and I don't have many concerns about him. Charles also sounds like he'll be fully healed for the season but he also plays a position that requires a lot of cutting so I have a little concern about how he'll do. Moeaki has a history of injury so I am concerned about how he recovers.
2. Will Matt Cassel help or hurt the Chiefs?
Somewhere in between? My prediction on Cassel's season will be one that's much better than the 2011 season but not as strong as his 2010 season. Cassel's seasons in Kansas City have gone from bad (2009) to good (2010) to bad (2011) so if that trend holds up then we will see a good season this year.
3. Will the team continue to respond to Romeo Crennel?
This is a question we probably don't address enough. Crennel is considered a players coach and the general knock on that is that the coach can fire his team up early in the year but it's hard to keep the momentum if the wheels fall off late in the year. While Crennel is considered by some a "players coach", I don't see him as one that will lose the grip of the team. That's just me. I can see arguments against it but I think the team will respond to Crennel throughout the season.
Other questions that could be included:
- Where does Jonathan Baldwin fit next year?
- Will the Chiefs return to their run-heavy attack like they had in 2010?
- Can the Chiefs defense become elite?
- Will the Chiefs offensive line improve?