I am going to review who Drafttek has the Chiefs taking in each round and either agree with, or trade out the player with another player left on their board. I know there is a place for this type of post. Hope I don't upset anyone too much by placing the post here instead.
1. Drafttek-David DeCastro
1. Me-David DeCastro; IMO, he is the safest pick in the draft, upgrades a position, and ultimately upgrades the entire offense as he makes everyone around him better.
2. Drafttek-Brandon Weeden
2. Me-Brandon Weeden- Here again I agree with the selection by Drafttek. Its also where most of you will probably disagree. I know how old he is and if we were a rebuilding team I would not think this a good selection. However, this Chiefs team can win now and I believe with Weedens arm strength, accuracy, maturity, and ability to read through progressions, he can come in and beat out the anemic Matt Cassel right away.
3. Drafttek-Brandon Boykin
3. Me-Trumaine Johnson- I can definitely see us going DB with this pick, as does Drafttek. However, Id prefer the bigger Johnson to Boykin. I see Johnson playing a hybrid CB/FS that can cover big TEs. What do you guys think here? I may be way off!
4. Drafttek-Trenton Robinson
4.Me-Derek Wolfe- Drafttek took another DB in FS Robinson. I took Johnson in rd 3 as a possibility for FS. Ill take Wolfe who represents great value in rd 4. Big body that can hopefully take over for Dorsey next year, assuming Dorsey leaves.
5. Drafttek- Nicolas Jean-Baptiste
5. Me- Janzen Jackson- I believe the Chiefs like what Jerrell Powe can bring with a full offseason, mini, ota. Maybe they bring in a vet NT but I dont see them drafting one this year. Janzen has a lot of potential and maybe Eric Berry can help keep him in line.
Im out of time or else Id finish. What are your thoughts here?