Things I learned from this draft:
* Pioli/Crennel may smokescreen, but they don't lie: "We need to get better on the OL" "We could use another speed WR" "We'll see what happens in the draft before signing a NT"
* Pioli has a short list of players to draft, and a plan... and he sticks to that plan. He didn't jump on "falling players", he stuck to his guys. My take away: Pioli has a board and it's good... it's just different from ours.
* We were all pretty much right on team needs, just wrong on the players.... EXCEPT ILB... I argued a few times that I thought KC was happy with their LB corps... and I think this draft proved that.
* the idea that they were going to draft BPA regardless of any need was clearly BS (so maybe they do lie :)) They methodically addressed team needs and depth, ignoring "steals" and "value" in some cases.
* Speaking of team needs.. I really only see 2-3 spots that stick out: Pass rushing DE (Gilberry's spot... unless Bair is ready) Backup C (but they may just carry a PS guy like Holland), and 1 more Safety (could also be an UDFA)
* As I mentioned before, roster battles will be tight... I only count 3 of the final 53 that are likely up for grabs