BATON ROUGE, LA - OCTOBER 08: Brandon Taylor #18 of the Louisiana State University Tigers avoids a tackle after an interception over Frankie Hammond #85 of the Florida Gators at Tiger Stadium on October 8, 2011 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The Tigers defeated the Gators 41-11. (Photo by Chris Graythen/Getty Images)
Representing the Cincinnati Bengals, Kmillz2525 with the 53rd pick in Arrowhead Pride's 2012 NFL mock draft...
Well thanks to the recent altercation Alfonzo Dennard had with a police officer he will not be my sleeper pick. Kid had all the talent and ability I was looking to add to this secondary in need of a good amount of help. As GM and in control of all my picks I got a little pass happy and added some serious weapons to my offense in the form of a MOUNTAIN of an OG and a play making WR who fell to me.
So now I should probably throw my Defense a bone and draft them a player, but since this is a dictatorship I really wanted to steal David Wilson and make my offense a true Juggernaut by having a good combo of RB's to pair with my elite passing game and Oline. But thus someone stole him before I could finish my offense. So I had to dig deeper and look at other teams that have been successful and look at the team I have put together.
Now it's been nice to get rid of Ochocinco and add AJ Green so perfectly fans didn't even care. I also was able to replace a turnover and injury prone QB with a Red Head Saint. All this while stealing draft picks from the Raiders and quietly building a studly offensive line and a solid defense. But I did make one mistake that I have yet to be able to fix. I trade half of my pair of shutdown CB's leaving a gaping hole in my secondary that exposed other holes in my secondary.
Now with all the Cb's I expected to fall have all been snatched up. This made me think real deep and hard and I thought about trading back...but thanks to the only person with more power than me I am not allowed to. So I took a player that if I was the Chiefs GM I'd love to watch Romeo Crennel coach.
LSU Safety Brandon Taylor, a man who was overshadowed by the best CB in college and an overall elite defense.
The only reason he fell this far is because of the defense he played on being so good that he didn't stand out as much as he should have. Now this kid reminds me a bit of Eric Berry a smaller safety that hits like a ton of bricks and has a nose for the ball and can play either safety position. He is the definition of a hybrid safety much like Eric Berry and had he played on a defense he could draw more attention and be the best player on he would be a first rounder. This rising player will be perfect for my defense and bringing it up to a top 10 level.
Previously (with approval results)...
1. Indianapolis Colts - Baylor QB Robert Griffin III (42%)
2. Washington Redskins - Stanford QB Andrew Luck (72%)
3. Minnesota Vikings - USC OT Matt Kalil (89%)
4. Cleveland Browns - Alabama RB Trent Richardson (70%)
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - LSU CB Morris Claiborne (84%)
6. St. Louis Rams - Oklahoma State WR Justin Blackmon (91%)
7. Jacksonville Jaguars - Stanford G David DeCastro (33%)
8. Miami Dolphins - Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill (73%)
9. Carolina Panthers - South Carolina LB/DE Melvin Ingram (Forgot to do a poll)
10. Buffalo Bills - Stanford OT Jonathan Martin (73%)
11. Kansas City Chiefs - LSU DT Michael Brockers (35%)
12. Seattle Seahawks - Boston College LB Luke Kuechly (66%)
13. Arizona Cardinals - Iowa T Riley Reiff (88%)
14. Dallas Cowboys - North Carolina DE Quinton Coples (68%)
15. Philadelphia Eagles - Mississippi State DT Fletcher Cox (79%)
16. New York Jets - Alabama DE/LB Courtney Upshaw (83%)
17. Cincinnati Bengals - Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd (68%)
18. San Diego Chargers - Penn State DT Devon Still (42%)
19. Chicago Bears - Alabama CB Dre Kirkpatrick (51%)
20. Tennessee Titans - South Carolina CB Stephon Gilmore (63%)
21. Cincinnati Bengals - Georgia OL Cordy Glenn (64%)
22. Cleveland Browns - Arizona QB Nick Foles (21%)
23. Detroit Lions - Alabama S Mark Barron (67%)
24. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Memphis NT Dontari Poe (62%)
25. Denver Broncos -- Michigan State DT Jerel Worthy (64%)
26. Houston Texans -- Georgia Tech WR Stephen Hill (68%)
27. New England Patriots - North Alabama CB Janoris Jenkins (58%)
28. Green Bay Packers - Illinois OLB/DE Whitney Mercilus (70%)
29. Baltimore Ravens - LSU WR Rueben Randle (34%)
30. San Francisco 49ers - Stanford TE Coby Fleener (46%)
31. New England Patriots - USC OLB Nick Perry (64%)
32. New York Giants - Baylor WR Kendall Wright (48%)
33. St. Louis Rams - Ohio State LT Mike Adams (77%)
34. Indianapolis Colts - South Carolina WR Alshon Jeffery (Forgot to do a poll)
35. Minnesota Vikings - Alabama LB Dont'a Hightower (62%)
36. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Nebraska LB Lavonte David (71%)
37. Cleveland Browns - Wisconsin G Kevin Zeitler (65%)
38. Jacksonville Jaguars - Rutgers WR Mohamed Sanu (72%)
39. St. Louis Rams - Boise State LB Shea McClellin (59%)
40. Carolina Panthers - Clemson DT Brandon Thompson (65%)
41. Buffalo Bills - Oregon RB LaMichael James (34%)
42. Miami Dolphins - Boise State RB Doug Martin (26%)
43. Seattle Seahawks - Marshall DE Vinny Curry
44. Kansas City Chiefs - Midwestern State OL Amini Silatolu
45. Dallas Cowboys - Wisconsin C Peter Konz
46. Philadelphia Eagles - North Carolina LB Zach Brown
47. New York Jets -- Notre Dame S Harrison Smith
48. New England Patriots - Connecticut DT Kendall Reyes
49. San Diego Chargers - Michigan State QB Kirk Cousins
50. Chicago Bears - Montana CB Trumaine Johnson
51. Philadelphia Eagles - Virginia Tech RB David Wilson
52. Tennessee Titans - Miami RB Lamar Miller
53. Cincinnati Bengals - LSU S Brandon Taylor