4th Round maybe? Scott, you know he can be a great one -- would be it be far fetch for you to grab him late 3rd? You guys be the judge. As for me, I love for him to be a Kansas City Chiefs so bad! I see him as a Zach Thomas kind of player. Always have a nose for the football. For those who still think his size will not be good at the next level - what about London Fletcher? Zach Thomas? Derrick Brooks? Keith Bulluck?
WalterFootball Draft Diary of Tank Carder
What I like about this kid is his pure love for the game of football and the tenacity he brings to the field… ALSO doesn’t hurt when he’s got THAT MOTOR like Tamba… never stops til the whistle blows. This guy have had to overcome major adversity at a young age. He possesses very high football IQ as well.
More videos of Tank after the jump.
5th Round- 146. Kansas City Chiefs: ILB Tank Carder (TCU)
I can’t even believe Carder is ranked this low. Just watch 2 minutes of his game tape against Wisconsin… and you know I love their linemen… but you’ll see several harder hits than any of the hits Luke Kuechly dishes in 30 minutes of his game tape. Carder was MVP of this game (the Rose Bowl). What I really like about Carder, besides his hard hitting is, he’s always coming forward.
Some scouting notes of Carder in 2011
- Is perhaps the best pure tackler in the nation. When Carder is on a ball carrier, the play is typically over. He’s a good form tackler and doesn’t stop until the play is over.
- Always seems to be around the ball, which is a testament to Carder's anticipation (natural football instincts)
- In the run game, Carder can get washed out at times because he's not strong enough to consistently shed blocks.
- Is a relentless linebacker who keeps playing with effort even when knocked down or held up on a block.
- Does some of the play calling before the snap and routinely coordinates with the TCU secondary (football IQ)
- Has been used at times firing off the edge on the blitz. Has a decent first step, but will probably never be a dynamic pass rusher at the next level.