Representing the Philadelphia Eagles, Chief-Blinders-On with the 46th pick in Arrowhead Pride's 2012 NFL mock draft...
The Philadelphia Eagles already received a huge addition up front with the selection of former Mississippi State defensive tackle Fletcher Cox with the 15th overall pick. At pick 46, the team has a lot of good choices left on the board with how this draft has fallen.
First round quality names like Clemson's Andre Branch are still on the board and I'm sure Eagles fans would absolutely love to have him. However, there was one name on the board that just stood out to me as a perfect pick for the Eagles and their current team needs. Sure, they could use an running back like David Wilson or another weapon at wide receiver such as Juron Criner... but, when you find a player that is an excellent fit at a position of need, you take it.
So for the Philadelphia Eagles, that is exactly what I did...
I selected former North Carolina linebacker Zach Brown with the 46th overall pick to join the team. After all, I was thinking about grabbing this man for the Eagles at pick 15, but it was just not enough value. At 46, I think the Eagles are getting among the best value that you can ask for in the NFL Draft.
At 6'1" 244lbs, Zach Brown is prototypical 4-3 linebacker in many ways. Combine that size with his blazing borderline sub 4.5 speed and you have a football player that just fits what the Eagles are piecing together. With this addition, they should create one of the more dominant speedy defenses in the NFL.
In North Carolina, Zach Brown was a play maker that just started to really show what he could be capable of in 2011 recording: 105 tackles,13.5 TFL, 5.5 sacks, 3 INT's, 3 FF's and four pass break ups. As a LB for the Eagles, Brown should help Democo Ryans form a new linebacking duo that will be the core of that "Dream Team" defense for years to come.
Philly... your team just got better.
Previously (with approval results)...
1. Indianapolis Colts - Baylor QB Robert Griffin III (42%)
2. Washington Redskins - Stanford QB Andrew Luck (72%)
3. Minnesota Vikings - USC OT Matt Kalil (89%)
4. Cleveland Browns - Alabama RB Trent Richardson (70%)
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - LSU CB Morris Claiborne (84%)
6. St. Louis Rams - Oklahoma State WR Justin Blackmon (91%)
7. Jacksonville Jaguars - Stanford G David DeCastro (33%)
8. Miami Dolphins - Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill (73%)
9. Carolina Panthers - South Carolina LB/DE Melvin Ingram (Forgot to do a poll)
10. Buffalo Bills - Stanford OT Jonathan Martin (73%)
11. Kansas City Chiefs - LSU DT Michael Brockers (35%)
12. Seattle Seahawks - Boston College LB Luke Kuechly (66%)
13. Arizona Cardinals - Iowa T Riley Reiff (88%)
14. Dallas Cowboys - North Carolina DE Quinton Coples (68%)
15. Philadelphia Eagles - Mississippi State DT Fletcher Cox (79%)
16. New York Jets - Alabama DE/LB Courtney Upshaw (83%)
17. Cincinnati Bengals - Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd (68%)
18. San Diego Chargers - Penn State DT Devon Still (42%)
19. Chicago Bears - Alabama CB Dre Kirkpatrick (51%)
20. Tennessee Titans - South Carolina CB Stephon Gilmore (63%)
21. Cincinnati Bengals - Georgia OL Cordy Glenn (64%)
22. Cleveland Browns - Arizona QB Nick Foles (21%)
23. Detroit Lions - Alabama S Mark Barron (67%)
24. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Memphis NT Dontari Poe (62%)
25. Denver Broncos -- Michigan State DT Jerel Worthy (64%)
26. Houston Texans -- Georgia Tech WR Stephen Hill (68%)
27. New England Patriots - North Alabama CB Janoris Jenkins (58%)
28. Green Bay Packers - Illinois OLB/DE Whitney Mercilus (70%)
29. Baltimore Ravens - LSU WR Rueben Randle (34%)
30. San Francisco 49ers - Stanford TE Coby Fleener (46%)
31. New England Patriots - USC OLB Nick Perry (64%)
32. New York Giants - Baylor WR Kendall Wright (48%)
33. St. Louis Rams - Ohio State LT Mike Adams (77%)
34. Indianapolis Colts - South Carolina WR Alshon Jeffery (Forgot to do a poll)
35. Minnesota Vikings - Alabama LB Dont'a Hightower (62%)
36. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Nebraska LB Lavonte David (71%)
37. Cleveland Browns - Wisconsin G Kevin Zeitler (65%)
38. Jacksonville Jaguars - Rutgers WR Mohamed Sanu (72%)
39. St. Louis Rams - Boise State LB Shea McClellin (59%)
40. Carolina Panthers - Clemson DT Brandon Thompson (65%)
41. Buffalo Bills - Oregon RB LaMichael James (34%)
42. Miami Dolphins - Boise State RB Doug Martin (26%)
43. Seattle Seahawks - Marshall DE Vinny Curry
44. Kansas City Chiefs - Midwestern State OL Amini Silatolu
45. Dallas Cowboys - Wisconsin C Peter Konz
46. Philadelphia Eagles - North Carolina LB Zach Brown