NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ - NOVEMBER 19: Mohamed Sanu #6 of the Rutgers Scarlet Knights fails to catch a pass from Chas Dodd #19 of the Rutgers Scarlet Knights during a game against the Cincinnati Bearcats at Rutgers Stadium on November 19, 2011 in New Brunswick, New Jersey. (Photo by Patrick McDermott/Getty Images)
Representing the Jacksonville Jaguars, GenericBrand with the 38th pick in Arrowhead Pride's 2012 NFL mock draft...
The run on wide receivers will continue although I didn't get the guy I wanted due to some unexpected players dropping and the wide receiver run starting a bit early. In hindsight, which I'm told is always 20/20, I would've taken Michael Floyd in round one and Peter Konz(who never should've dropped this far down) here but I don't own a time machine or a Delorian so I'll have to settle with....
Mohamed Sanu, Wide Receiver, Rutgers.
Sanu is an underrated prospect and out of the gate will make a better wide receiver then some of the guys picked before him. He's a guy that could potentially step in and immediately be the #1 guy and on a Jaguars team that needs play makers on offense that's exactly where he would be slotted as I don't believe Laurent Robinson
, despite his overinflated contract, is a #1 WR. Sanu is an incredible blend of size, strength, quickness and ball catching ability. In college he was just too big and strong to even be defended in press coverage and he has a huge catch radius as he fights relentlessly for any and every ball that comes his way. There was some question at the combine about his speed after he ran a poor 40 time but he put all that talk to rest after running a blistering 4.41 at his Pro Day which is extremely fast for a guy who plays and strong and physical as he does.
Everything about this guy says first round talent so he's a steal at #38 for the Jags who have a desperate need for a play maker like this. He's an athletic freak, had huge college production(115 catches in 2011), can block, catch, is a selfless player and has very little in the way of "cons", Immediate upgrade at a huge area of need for the Jags and allows them to put Laurent Robinson at #2 WR where he is more comfortable and has enjoyed most of his success.
Previously (with approval results)...
1. Indianapolis Colts - Baylor QB Robert Griffin III (42%)
2. Washington Redskins - Stanford QB Andrew Luck (72%)
3. Minnesota Vikings - USC OT Matt Kalil (89%)
4. Cleveland Browns - Alabama RB Trent Richardson (70%)
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - LSU CB Morris Claiborne (84%)
6. St. Louis Rams - Oklahoma State WR Justin Blackmon (91%)
7. Jacksonville Jaguars - Stanford G David DeCastro (33%)
8. Miami Dolphins - Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill (73%)
9. Carolina Panthers - South Carolina LB/DE Melvin Ingram (Forgot to do a poll)
10. Buffalo Bills - Stanford OT Jonathan Martin (73%)
11. Kansas City Chiefs - LSU DT Michael Brockers (35%)
12. Seattle Seahawks - Boston College LB Luke Kuechly (66%)
13. Arizona Cardinals - Iowa T Riley Reiff (88%)
14. Dallas Cowboys - North Carolina DE Quinton Coples (68%)
15. Philadelphia Eagles - Mississippi State DT Fletcher Cox (79%)
16. New York Jets - Alabama DE/LB Courtney Upshaw (83%)
17. Cincinnati Bengals - Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd (68%)
18. San Diego Chargers - Penn State DT Devon Still (42%)
19. Chicago Bears - Alabama CB Dre Kirkpatrick (51%)
20. Tennessee Titans - South Carolina CB Stephon Gilmore (63%)
21. Cincinnati Bengals - Georgia OL Cordy Glenn (64%)
22. Cleveland Browns - Arizona QB Nick Foles (21%)
23. Detroit Lions - Alabama S Mark Barron (67%)
24. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Memphis NT Dontari Poe (62%)
25. Denver Broncos -- Michigan State DT Jerel Worthy (64%)
26. Houston Texans -- Georgia Tech WR Stephen Hill (68%)
27. New England Patriots - North Alabama CB Janoris Jenkins
28. Green Bay Packers - Illinois OLB/DE Whitney Mercilus
29. Baltimore Ravens - LSU WR Rueben Randle
30. San Francisco 49ers - Stanford TE Coby Fleener
31. New England Patriots - USC OLB Nick Perry
32. New York Giants - Baylor WR Kendall Wright
33. St. Louis Rams - Ohio State LT Mike Adams
34. Indianapolis Colts - South Carolina WR Alshon Jeffery
35. Minnesota Vikings - Alabama LB Dont'a Hightower
36. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Nebraska LB Lavonte David
37. Cleveland Browns - Wisconsin G Kevin Zeitler
38. Jacksonville Jaguars - Rutgers WR Mohamed Sanu