ESPN is running their hourly
Tim Tebow Peyton Manning segment and ESPN's Adam Schefter thinks the Kansas City Chiefs are "in the thick of this thing" when it comes to Manning's free agency pursuit. He notes they're in the AFC, which Manning prefers, and in a very winnable division.
ESPN's Marcellus Wiley also talked about the environment at Arrowhead Stadium and why that should be a selling point for Manning. Wiley, of course, is a former Charger so he knows about Arrowhead.
There's also been some talk on ESPN about the media frenzy in South Florida (Dolphins) and how that may not be too attractive to him.
We'll see. I'm as anxious as anyone. We gotta be careful when talking about these Manning rumors but no one out there is saying the Chiefs have no shot.
Catch up on our Peyton Manning-Chiefs coverage:
- Clark Hunt says the Chiefs will be pursuing Peyton Manning;
- Peyton Manning visiting with Broncos, Cardinals and Dolphins;
- Chiefs "have a shot" at Manning;
- VIDEO: Chiefs will be a player in the Peyton Manning sweepstakes;
- Chiefs reach out to Manning's camp;
- Arguing against a Chiefs-Manning relationship;
- The Chiefs need Peyton Manning;
- Eric Berry "loves" Peyton Manning;
- Were Crennel's comments tampering?;
- Romeo Crennel's "crazy" Peyton Manning comments;
- Pioli responds to initial Manning-Chiefs rumors;