As expected, I didn't quite do enough to explain what the Arrowhead Pride community mock draft is all about, especially for some of the new folks this year. You'd think a website with such great (yes, great) traffic numbers would have some sort of big editorial plan. Nope, not us. I just remembered the AP community mock draft at about 10:30 this morning and posted something at 10:53 a.m.
So, here are a few links to previous AP mock drafts so you know what you're getting yourself into: 2009, 2010 and 2011. It's a lot of work if you want it to look good, or else you risk the wrath of the commenting section. Just make it something entertaining to read.
The sign-up for teams is at 12:00 p.m. (Arrowhead Time) tomorrow. A few other rules and suggestions from questions in the comments section of the last post are below. I'll try to follow up with any questions in the comments.
- Probably the most important one: turn in your post on time. You will email it to email@example.com on your due date. We will then post it to the site. We'll be on a schedule where your post will be due 2 days ahead of time. Don't make
usChris hunt you down. We'll be doing three picks a day, with the first batch due on Monday, and posting on Wednesday. We'll have the schedule all ready tomorrow.
- Don't cuss or make any, uh, questionable references in your post. I'm usually a good judge of what flies so I'll edit accordingly.
- Be informative. Funny. Serious. Whatever. Just make it worth someone's time. State your case as to why the player fits the team you have. The more evidence you have to state your case, the better.
- Attribute quotes with a link. If you're block quoting something from another site, don't use more than a paragraph or two. And cite your source with a link (that's hyperlink, Dad).
- No trades. Never done them. Think it gets too messy. If there's a trade before the affected picks come up, we'll change it.
- No pictures. Yes, I'm trying to sneak this one in last because I know everyone loves pictures. Unfortunately, it's not in our best interest to use pictures we don't have the rights to. We will post a picture at the top of the post from our approved collection. YouTube videos are fine but go easy on them. They're even better if you subscribe to SB Nation's YouTube channel.