Top 5 reasons KC appeals to Peyton:
1. Scott Pioli. He's easily regarded as one of the top personnel men in the NFL. The man who helped build Peyton's biggest rival, the Patriots, has spent the last three years building a Championship roster in KC. He's just looking for that Championship QB. Scott sure does look happy to see him here...
Peyton: "I don't know Scott, my back hurts"
Scott: "How about 30 million dollars?"
Peyton: "Oh damn, actually, I feel pretty good. Y'all got good barbecue, right?"
2. Fan base. If Peyton is donning Chiefs red next season, Arrowhead will have its highest attendance total in 15 years. Nearby Richter scales will be out of service on Sundays. Empty seats will be rarer than a sincere fart in church.
3. Romeo Crennel. If there are any defenses that Peyton has struggled against, it's Crennel's. The 2010 game against the Chiefs, Peyton had 0 TD's and 1 Int. It's a good bet that Peyton has an enormous amount of respect for Crennel.
4. Eric Berry. Peyton worked out with Berry when he was coming out of college. Two of the best Volunteers of all time could both lead their respective sides of the ball at an All-pro level. When QB's break down film, you best believe they spend the majority of their time on the DB's.
5. Targets. I won't compile the list. OK, yes I will because it's great to remind myself of the offensive playmakers on the Chiefs roster. Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, Tony M., Charles, and McCluster equate to match up nightmares for an opposing defense.
Five image URLs: