We haven't had a busy Monday* like this in quite a while but the Kansas City Chiefs news delivered today. The only real news was the Stanford Routt signing but that one signing has such an impact on the rest of the moves we'll see in free agency.
In case you were actually working and not reading Chiefs news all day, here's a run down of what went down today...
- Early rumors that Stanford Routt will make his decision. People were predicting the Chiefs would sign him this morning. I didn't think they'd really do it. So of course they did.
- Stanford Routt to the Chiefs is official. It's a three-year deal worth $19.6 million. Not bad money if you can get it.
- Stanford Routt approval poll. As of this posting, we have over 3,200 votes with 61 percent voting approve, 11 percent do not approve and 26 percent not sure.
- Post-Stanford Routt predictions: 1.) Routt will be the starter in 2012, 2) Carr will leave and 3.) Bowe will get the franchise tag. After talking to a few more people in and around the league tonight, I'm very confident in these predictions. It'd be an upset if those last two weren't right. There are a lot of layers to each of these moves so we'll be examining them in depth this week.
- In other Chiefs news: Jackie Battle will be testing free agency.
- And a few other links: Cincy Jungle's post on Routt the free agent; National Football Post on Routt fitting in with the Chiefs defense.