When free agency starts the Chiefs know they have to makes some big moves. They should start off by keeping Carr, Bowe, McClain and a few others on the team. They will then go out and pick up Paul Soliai to play NT, Demetrius Bell to play RT and Calais Campbell to play DE. Because they are able to pick up Campbell they decide to trade Dorsey to 4-3 team. The Rams offer their 3rd round and the Chiefs accept.
The Chiefs now turn to the draft to fill in the rest of the team needs. The Chiefs have a few roads they can go down this year, each will dictate the direction this team goes. Do we go after a QB of the future or settle for mediocre play from Orton or Cassel? Do we fill in other holes and hope our defensive can keep us in games? This year’s free agency and draft will be a important one in shaping the Chiefs future.
After looking over each mock, pick your favorite you think would help the Chiefs the most in the long run.
11) David Decastro/Guard/Stanford
44) Coby Fleener/Tight End/Stanford
67) Isaiah Pead/Running Back/Cincinnati
75) Antonio Allen/Strong Safety/South Carolina
107) Aaaron Henry/Free Safety/Wisconsin
140) Jarius Wright/Wide Receiver/Arkansas
172) Jerry Franklin/Linebacker/Arkansas
204) Andrew Dakota/Tackle/Florida StateMock 2.
11) Trent Richardson/Running Back/Alabama
44) Cody Gleen/Guard/Georgia
67) Markelle Martin/Safety/ Oklahoma State
75) Jayron Hosley/Corner/ Virginia Tech
107) Audi Cole/Linebacker/ North Carolina State
140) Michael Egnew/Tight End/ Missouri
172) Ryan Broyles/Wide Receiver/ Oklahoma
204) Tyrone Crawford/ Defensive Line/ Boise State
Chiefs trade 2012 picks #11, #44, #75 and 2013 first round to the Rams
2) Robert Griffin III/Quarterback/Baylor
67) Kevin Zeitler/Guard/Wisconsin
107) Eddie Whitley/Safety/Virginia Tech
172) Brandon Boldin/Running Back/Mississippi
204) Nick Pravo/Tight End/Syracuse