Denver is a 10.5 favorite at Arrowhead.
When was the last time the Kansas City Chiefs 10+ point 'dogs at Arrowhead?
The way things have gone for the Chiefs in the last few years, it's probably happened somewhat recently, but it's still hard to believe. The Denver Broncos are 10.5 point favorites in Sunday's game, according to our odds provider.
The line opened at seven, for some reason. If you're a gambling man, you probably noticed that. But it jumped back up to double digits.
This spread, while high, does make sense to me. Let me count the reasons why....
- The Chiefs have lost seven in a row. The Broncos have won five in a row.
- The Chiefs have the worst offense in the NFL at 15.2 points per game. The Broncos have the second best at 30.1 points per game.
- The Chiefs give up on average a touchdown more than the Broncos each game.
- The Chiefs are starting Brady Quinn at quarterback. Denver has Peyton Manning.
- The Broncos haven't scored less than 30 points since Oct. 7. The Chiefs haven't scored over 30 points since December 26....2010.
So, once you break it down like that...the double digit spread makes sense. But this is also a rivalry game so I'm of the mind that that still means something. It's possible, when playing a rival, that you get up a little more, play a little better than you normally would. I'm hoping that's the case with the Chiefs on Sunday because, as I said earlier in the week, I'm down with playing for a good draft pick but not in this game.I just wanna beat Peyton Manning.