Welcome to this week's edition of the Mockery of a Thread.
This past weekend was one of the biggest scouting opportunities before the Combine, with the Senior Bowl practices and game. Many prospects helped make themselves some money (or lose some) based on how they stood out amongst the nation's top Seniors.
h/t to GenericBrand for this link of Senior Bowl analysis
As usual, I'll set my mock out there for your critical pleasure
1) David DeCastro, G Stanford: I really tried to go a different route here, but I can't do it. DeCastro just makes too much sense for KC, by FAR the best player at a position of need
2) Colby Fleener, TE, Stanford: I like this pick a lot... again, good value, very much a position of need, can help make this offense scary... or at least better :)
3) Antonio Allen, S South Carolina: can really help the secondary as the #3 safety, can cover TEs and shut down the running game.
4) Alameda Ta'amu, DE/NT Washington: I have NO idea why he slips this far, but he represents good value and flexibility for the DLine. (I'm keeping this the same from last week, but IF the Chiefs were to bring in Soliai or Rogers, I could go with Audie Cole, ILB)
5) Mitchell Schwartz, OT Cal: a Senior Bowl riser, looks like a very good RT prospect
6) Ryan Miller, OG Colorado: depth/development guy at G or T, great size and upside
7) Devon Wylie, WR: Slot WR, 4.38 speed
7) Beau Reliford, TE: FSU: Former Basketball player, good receiver and blocker, lots of upside
(draft rankings from http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2012 )
The definitive Mock Draft sites: