Amidst all of the mock draft talk, I got an idea for something mock draft related but yet something different...something I have never seen on here before.
Let's play a name association game with our favorite 2012 draft prospects, aka our "man crushes" for this year's draft. Rather than do a detailed seven round mock draft with player notes on each guy and how they fit into our needs, I'm curious to see which prospects other APers REALLY like.
The rules are simple:
1. List the name of the 2012 prospect(s) you absolutely love, his school, and his position.
2. List said prospect's current or historic NFL comparison (in your opinion).
3. Give brief, detailed notes on why you like said prospect and chose his NFL comparison (optional).
4. It makes no difference if said prospect plays a position of great need for the Chiefs or not.
For example, some of my recent "man crushes" in past years included:
1) Rodney Hudson, Florida State, Guard, Randall McDaniel
2) Alex Mack, California, Center, Bruce Matthews
3) Eugene Monroe, Virginia, Tackle, Tony Boselli (I might have missed the boat on that one)
Now apparently I have been wanting offensive line help in the worst ways in recent years and I clearly am placing high expectations on my examples, but hopefully they help clarify the instructions for anyone who wants to play along. Since many of us live in various parts of the country, I thought it would be fun to see which prospects fellow APers have taken an interest in and if others share that interest or can provide informative insight on specific prospects.
This is a FanPost and does not necessarily reflect the views of Arrowhead Pride's writers or editors. It does reflect the views of this particular fan though, which is as important as the views of Arrowhead Pride writers or editors.