Lately, especially today, the football world has been obsessed with the idea of Peyton Manning, one of the few faces of the NFL, leaving the team he has been with his whole career for another team. Crazy right? Peyton Manning? Your crazy he's not leaving the Indianapolis. But now, i'm going to give you a couple reasons why Manning would be smart to come to Kansas City if he decides to play again, because i'm sure the Chiefs fans would give Peyton a very warm welcome.
To everyone who saw my comment about this same thing in the free agency thread, i know it's almost the same, but I wanted other people to see it, so I posted it as a fanshot.
I would love us to take a shot at Manning. I'm sure the rest of "Chiefs Nation" would agree with me. Yes, I know it may not be too realistic, and if they don't land Manning, I'm all for Re-signing Kyle Orton. But Manning would be a great pickup. You might be thinking, "Why would Peyton Come to Kansas City?" Well……
2. Romeo Crennel and Tony Dungy seem like similar coaches. Manning and Dungy had a great relationship, and won as lot every year, and I think Manning would like him.
3. Kansas City and Indianapolis are both Cities that aren’t filled with the paparazzi and all the drama, and he might feel like home.
4. If the Chiefs do land Manning, thjey would be much more convinced to sign other free agents for Manning, and the other Free Agents would like to have Manning on their team, also.
5. Jim Caldwell was a quarterbacks coach for indianapolis, if I’m correct, and was just fired from the Head Coach of the Colts, and maybe Pioli could also land him, and have Manning and Caldwell reunite.
6. Manning would have a familiar face protecting him, in Ryan Lilja. Yeah, that's no reason to make a man move to a whole different state, and make a huge life choice just because he has an old friend on the team, but if he is considering Kansas City, maybe that would help at least a little bit.
7. (This isn't convincing for Manning, but convincing for the Chiefs, and backup QB Ricky Stanzi) Since Peyton Manning will only be in the NFL for a few more years, 2 at most, it would let them see what they have in Ricky Stanzi, and it would have to help him develop into a real, franchise QB, like Manning.
This is why I think The Chiefs, and Peyton Manning should make the choice to team up, yeah, it'll cost a little, but the Chiefs have some money to spend, to say the least. Let em know what you guys think in the comments below.
Mel Kiper listed the Chiefs 4th on his list of possible landing spots for Peyton Manning. So hey, maybe there is a chance.