They're all part of this week's Chiefs connections with the Packers.
Tip o' the hat to the Chiefs PR department for coming up with the connections between the Chiefs and Packers.
- Packers head coach Mike McCarthy served as an offensive quality control coach (93-94) and QBs coach (95-98) with the Chiefs. He also attended Baker (Kan.) University and is a member of that school's HOF.
- Chiefs DBs coach Emmitt Thomas served as defensive coordinator with the Packers (99).
- Chiefs LS Thomas Gafford originally entered the NFL with the Packers.
- Kansas City area scout Jim Nagy interned in Green Bay's personnel department (96).
- Packers TE Tom Crabtree entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with the Chiefs in 2009 and was a teammate of Chiefs TE Jake O'Connell at Miami (Oh.).
More connections after the jump.
Green Bay LB Erik Walden played with the Chiefs in 2008.
- Green Bay VP of football administration/player finance Russ Ball worked with Kansas City (89-98) and Missouri (82-88).
- Packers VP of sales and marketing Tim Connolly spent time with the Chiefs (89-95).
- Green Bay assistant director of pro personnel Tim Terry (99) and director of player development Rob Davis (96) both attended training camp with Kansas City.
- Packers college scout Brian Gutekunst was a scouting assistant with the Chiefs (98).
- Green Bay WR Jordy Nelson is a native of Manhattan, Kan. and played collegiately at Kansas State.
- Chiefs area scout Ryan Kessenich is a native of Madison, Wis.
- Chiefs LB Pierre Walters and Packers T Chris Campbell were teammates at Eastern Illinois.
- Kansas City TE Tony Moeaki and QB Ricky Stanzi were teammates of Green Bay T Bryan Bulaga at Iowa.
- Kansas City FB Mike Cox and Green Bay S Morgan Burnett played together at Georgia Tech.