One of the many inside jokes at Arrowhead Pride is about one of our favorite 2004 draft picks, Kris Wilson. While in KC, Wilson got the word "versatility" attached to his name. The reason this happened had nothing to do with him actually being versatile but because he had two positions listed in front of his name: TE and FB.
That was the extent of his "versatility." A roster label.
Turns out, and I didn't even realize this until today, Wilson is now playing for the Baltimore Ravens. And he is just one of the many connections the Ravens and Chiefs have that I've listed below, courtesy of the mothership.
We know about the more recent connections - Zorn, Gaither and McClain. But learn a little more, peruse the list below, and let us know if we missed anyone.
- Chiefs General Manager Scott Pioli served as the pro personnel coordinator with Baltimore ('96). He moved to Baltimore when the franchise relocated from Cleveland, where he served as a scouting asst. ('92) and pro personnel asst. ('93-95), working with current Ravens General Manager Ozzie Newsome.
- Baltimore WRs coach Jim Hostler (2000) was an offensive assistant/quality control coach with Kansas City.
- Kansas City QBs coach Jim Zorn (2010) coached in the same capacity with Baltimore.
- Chiefs WR Terrance Copper (2008), T Jared Gaither (2007-10), DL Kelly Gregg (2001-10), and FB Le'Ron McClain (2007-10) played for Baltimore. Gaither also played collegiately at Maryland.
- Chiefs DL coach Anthony Pleasant played with Baltimore (1996).
- Baltimore K Billy Cundiff (2008), S Bernard Pollard (2006-08) and TE Kris Wilson (2004-07) played with Kansas City.
- Chiefs WRs coach Richie Anderson is a native of Sandy Springs, Md. Kansas City T Branden Albert is a native of Glen Burnie, Md. Baltimore OLBs coach Ted Monachino prepped at Bethany (Mo.) HS and played at Missouri. He coached at Paciﬁc (Mo.) HS, Hannibal (Mo.) HS and SW Missouri State.
- Ravens OL coach Andy Moeller coached at Missouri (1994-99).
- Baltimore C Tim Barnes played at Missouri (2006-10) and is from Longwood, Mo.
- Baltimore defensive assistant Roy Anderson spent one season at LSU as a wide receivers graduate assistant, where he tutored Kansas City WR Dwayne Bowe during his sophomore season (2004).
- Ravens QB Joe Flacco was the backup at Pittsburgh behind Chiefs QB Tyler Palko (2003-04).
- Ravens CB Cary Williams played collegiately at Washburn University in Topeka, Kansas.