Here is a wish list of UFA for this season who could make the Chiefs into instant contenders IMHO. I have listed several players at certain positions...it isn't that I want all of them, but if we could get one of in each of the positions it would make a huge impact....
1. Steve Breaston (ARZ) - (popular pick, but probably too pricey)
2. Floyd or Naanee (SD) - (good players and fun to take from divisional opponent)
3. Lance Moore (NO) - playmaker (similar to Dex, but much more proven)
4. Mike Sims Walker (JAC) - I think kid (26 y.o.) still has a chance to be elite with right coaching
5. T.J. Houshmandzadeh - could still play effective slot...too many receivers last year in BAL (Mason, Boldin, etc)
1. Jason Babin (TEN) - 12.5 sacks last year (put him on opposite side as Hali)
2. Ray Edwards (MIN) - 8.0 sacks in 14 games last year
3. Resign Shaun Smith
1. Doug Free (OT - DAL) - would be huge upgrade
2. Tyson Clabo (OT - ATL) - same as above
3. Robert Gallery (G - OAK)
Running Back - (position is a huge need in my oppinion - Not at all confident in Jones, and it would be a nightmare if something happened to JC)
1. Joseph Addai (IND)
2. Ricky Williams (MIA)
Safety - Jonathan Joseph (CIN) - would compliment Berry wonderfully and allow Berry not to play the most snaps of any defensive player
Tight End - Todd Heap (BAL) - He was released and he would be awesome in a two tightend set with Moeaki...Heap has a knack for finding a defenses soft spot as we well saw in our playoff game
Crazy Pick - Marc Bulger (QB - BAL) - Admittedly I am still not 100% sold on Cassel. He has earned the right to still be in K.C., but Haley claims that competition makes everyone better... why not bring in competition for Cassel. And at the very least if there is another injury/surgery, we don't have to bring in Croyle again...
So what do you think...is there any potential difference makers here?