Good morning everyone,
I'm here today to announce a very cool opportunity within the Arrowhead Pride community.
You may have noticed recently that Joel and I are pretty busy guys. Recent events and developments (jobs, wives, life, etc.) have prohibited us from giving you the 24/7 posting coverage you're used to.
That's why we're looking to bring on 1-4 new contributors to specifically help with night time and weekend posting.
We figured after 5 years of working on Arrowhead Pride with no regular backup in place besides that these additions are about due.
What exactly are we looking for help with? We need 1-4 people covering:
1. At least 2 weeknight posts a day. You would be responsible for posting at least 2 opinion pieces/news items/article updates and covering breaking news from 5 PM ET to 9 PM ET.
2. At least 3 posts each day on Saturday and Sunday. You would be responsible for posting at least 3 opinion pieces/news items/article updates and covering breaking news rom 9 AM ET to 7 PM ET. This shift will probably require two people.
The things we value above all else are: reliability, accuracy, attention to detail and creativity.
Here's what Joel and I are thinking in terms of staffing: If one person can do this great. If takes one person to run the weeknight shift and two people to run the weekend shift, that works too. Basically, we're open to a lot of situations here. We really just need to be able to hand off the site for certain periods each week and know we'll have content up and the news covered. We'll work with you each week to plan out a posting schedule.
How do you end up becoming one of these contributors?
1. Please send us an email (email@example.com) noting you availability each week and links to writings on Arrowhead Pride or elsewhere.
2. We'll review all of the applicants and make the best decision, which will hinge on a number of factors. Don't feel bad if we don't pick you. It may be entirely scheduling based.
Answering miscellaneous questions
1. This is unpaid. Cool opportunities may arise (interviews, event coverage) but we can't promise anything beyond that.
2. In terms of content, presentation and formatting are huge for us. We don't want to hand off the site for a night and come back to a glaring typo in the headline or a YouTube video that's too wide for the screen. The details count around here (most of the time anyway).
3. Joel and I aren't leaving Arrowhead Pride any time soon (or ever) but there is room for growth in this position. If you can be valuable outside of the night time/weekend contributor schedule, you won't be ignored.
4. We're looking to get started this week, potentially even in a just a few days. Send us your application ASAP.
That's it. Questions?